Trusted Contributor

CoverGirl (owned by Coty) Announces Cruelty Free Certification

[ Edited ]

CoverGirl Cosmetics (owned by Coty) today announced the company had been certified Cruelty Free and awarded the Leaping Bunny Certification.  The article I read said this was the largest cosmetic company to have received this award.  This is absolutely fantastic news!!  Cosmetic companies move forward!

Respected Contributor

Re: CoverGirl (owned by Coty) Announces Cruelty Free Certification

That is just fantastic.  The others will now follow hopefully. 

Honored Contributor

I was pleased to read about this earlier. Coty owns Philosophy now. Anyone know if their products are cruelty free?

Esteemed Contributor

I'll believe it when I see it. Covergirl's parent company Coty sells in China so how does that make Covergirl cruelty free? I think there are some hair splitting semantics going on. What about Rimmel? That cosmetics company is also owned by Coty.

According to the Business of Fashion website's recent article, Coty is teaming up with the Chinese firm Alibaba to expand their sales in China. So we'll see if that also includes Covergirl cosmetics.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/coty-cuts-deal-with-alibaba-to-court-chines...

Honored Contributor

15EAA93A-AB60-434E-9A88-FCDCCBA3AAE0.jpeg

Also, 

B56EA2B1-825F-45E6-B140-3FA25083337B.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

CoverGirl Cosmetics (owned by Coty) today announced the company had been certified Cruelty Free and awarded the Leaping Bunny Certification.  The article I read said this was the largest cosmetic company to have received this award.  This is absolutely fantastic news!!  Cosmetic companies move forward!

Thank God! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

That is great news and now there is no reason for the rest of the companies to follow suit.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

@aggravated

Good morning Tashina from Logical Harmony just posted a video about this on YouTube  its very informative . It willbe great news for those of us who use cruelty free and it will be fantastic for the beauty industry if a huge brand like Cover Girl can go cruelty free . Thanks for the information

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Truly great news - Thank you very much for posting!  Just went on the Beautypedia website and it's now noted that CoverGirl is not tested an animals. Hope to see similar major drugstore brands get on the cruelty-free train.   How about it, Revlon, L'Oreal and Maybelline?