Super Contributor

Re: Cover-up for my pale/freckled arms!!!

I use IT vitality glow bronzer all summer on my arms and legs . No streaking and it last all day. The brush make it user friendly. Congratulations on your son's wedding.

Respected Contributor

tan towels

Honored Contributor

Are you talking about the illumizing body butter? (A224383) I have that one and like it. It doesn't really add much color, but it has shimmer in it and will add a sheen to your skin. It would look lovely in the evening, but the shimmer might be a bit much if it's a morning or early afternoon wedding. If you look closely, you can see shimmer specks, but from a step back (where most other people will be most of the time, really), it looks lovely. Because of the shimmer, it would blur freckles some, but not cover them up or make them look darker. That might be a good bet for you. I'm super pale and the tan product color did not make me look like a bronzed goddess.

If you use a self-tanner, they darken the skin they're put on - including freckles. If you don't want them to darken your freckles, you'd have to use a moistened cotton bud to remove the tanner from individual freckles. You might want to try a Jergen's Natural Glow gradual self-tanning body lotion in the medium-dark color. (I'm very fair and the light took FOREVER to work on me and I was happier with the darker color.)

If you want to try a makeup instead of a tanner, there are a few of those, too. They won't make your freckles darker, but you do risk them rubbing off or sweating off, so I'd try try and test one now if you want to go that route. Sally Hansen Airbrush legs, Tarte Rainforest Glow, It Cosmetics Vitality Glow Bronzer (powder) or Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer (powder) are all possible options.

I was in a wedding last March and had to wear a strapless dress and be in a thousand pictures as a member of the wedding party, so I tried and tested at least a dozen products last year. Good luck with whatever you choose and best wishes to your son and new family member!

Respected Contributor

Self tanner or a one time spray tan in a light shade so you don't looked faked baked.

Respected Contributor

Just wondering if you have made a decision about this. Some very good suggestions.

Contributor

Sometimes a tanning lotion will help, but I use Bare Minerals or Bisque, works great especialy on hands.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE the Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer in the med/tan tone. I use it everyday and keep my ""tan"" year round. Start at least a week before the wedding and your arms and legs (and face if you want) will look glowing!

Respected Contributor

On 2/19/2015 colliegirls said:

Freckles are cute and just fine, why would you want to hide them?

My sister has very pale skin, but has a lot of dark freckles on her forearms. She doesn't like the deep contrast between her skin and freckles - especially since she really doesn't have any freckles on her very pale upper arms. She uses a self tanner to help blend the contrast between her very pale skin and dark freckles. Yes, the freckles will get a little darker from the self tanner, too, but overall her skin and freckles look more blended, and not in such stark contrast.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥