Frequent Contributor

Cover-up for my pale/freckled arms!!!

I am wearing a cap-sleeved dress for my son's wedding next month. I am in need of a moisturizer/cover-up for my awfully pale/freckled arms. I saw Jose Maran had a dewy looking - smooth as silk - cream that added moisture as well as a slight bronzy look. Has anyone had any experience with a great product for the arms? Hoping it is durable for at least 8 - 10 hours and won't stain my dress?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cover-up for my pale/freckled arms!!!

Use a tanning lotion & just even out the color a little. It will make you more comfortable & you won't have to worry about it rubbing off.

Super Contributor

I would use Sally Hansen leg makeup.

Respected Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Dusty1 said:

Use a tanning lotion & just even out the color a little. It will make you more comfortable & you won't have to worry about it rubbing off.

That is exactly what I would do, but make sure you try it out ahead of time! Might want to do it on your legs also. I do this in the summer to help disguise the age/sun spots on my arms.

Otherwise, I have to say, there is always the option to embrace your lovely freckled ivory arms and go with the natural beauty you have! Smile

Respected Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Kind1too said:

I would use Sally Hansen leg makeup.

I was going to suggest this too. Love this stuff, and I do use it on my arms and chest in the summer and even during the winter sometimes. . It just evens everything out and no odor like a self tanner has.

Esteemed Contributor

Freckles are cute and just fine, why would you want to hide them?

Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 colliegirls said:

I was thinking along these lines too. If you go the "color" route, then you want to make sure that the rest of your skin that shows matches up as well - which is often tricky.

How about:

1. For a little color - the moisturizers that give little color a bit at a time (no smell, chance of rubbing off, sweating off etc) for arms and legs (if you are showing these) and a tiny bit of light bronzer for your face to match, or

2. A glow - does not have to be a color per se. It can even be a champagne or pearl look. Something like Josie Maran's body creams. I cannot think of a brand just now. A bit of illuminator for select places on your face and voila.

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 colliegirls said:

Exactly what I wondered.

I also wonder why people try to change their appearance so radically for events like class reunions and weddings. The people who know you , know perfectly well what you look like and those who don't -- who cares? You'll never see them again. I feel 100% confident that there will not be a single soul at that wedding that will even notice your arms.

Respected Contributor

You should go to a local tanning place that offers a spray tan. I have never done this but do know many who have with great results. Not sure that I would use any product that could wash off and ruin your look. If you have enough time a self-tanning product is also a good idea. The spray tan would be a lot faster than trying to self-tan but a self-tanning product could also work. Self-tanning products can take a while to give you the desired results.

Super Contributor

Get a spray tan. Try it one time first to make sure you like it. Very even all over.