Honored Contributor

Cover Girl TruNaked Queenship Shadow Sticks

I was browsing on Ulta's website and came across these eye shadow sticks. They are new to me, sold only online and may be exclusive to them. They sell for $9.99 and come in 8 shades. I purchased 4 of them, I'm hoping they're similar to LM Caviar Sticks. Just wondering if anyone has tried these?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cover Girl TruNaked Queenship Shadow Sticks

@Jordan2  Please, post your thoughts after you try them. I mostly use shadow sticks any more & I love LM. For her colors & the performance.

What colors did you get in CG?

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 , I just got 2 of these from Ulta, Lush and Leading Lady. I really like them and I think I will get more. 

I've been on a shadow stick "kick" lately. I had the "older" Mally and Tarte sticks that I got from QVC years back, which I really liked. I recently ordered new sticks from Mally/QVC, and I just didn't think they were the same. 

Anyway, I was happy with the color and staying power of the CoverGirl sticks. I also got 2 sticks from Target; I think the brand is Pixie? But I like CoverGirl better. 

What colors did you get?

I also ordered Julep sticks from Amazon a few months back. I liked them, but they cost $18.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious why these CG shadow sticks are only available online and at Ulta.  Hopefully these will be sold in stores in the future. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@mom2four @Dusty1  I ordered Primadonna, Frivolous, Leading Lady, and Lush. I saw a video of someone doing a tutorial of these sticks. She used the Primadonna as a base, Frivolous on the lid and corners of the eye, and used Leading Lady in the crease as a transitional shade. She also used another color, too many for me, my limit is 3!

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I'm curious why these CG shadow sticks are only available online and at Ulta.  Hopefully these will be sold in stores in the future. 

Sometimes if an item is new to the line, it goes online only first. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Yes, Cover Girl shadow sticks have been compared to Laura M. Give us a review when you test them out? 

Respected Contributor

Do these sticks havve a lot of shimmer of glitter? Small amounts of shimmer I can deal with but not glitter.

Honored Contributor

I just got these today, I haven't used them yet. They do remind me of LM's Caviar Sticks. PrimaDonna is a very pale kind of eggshell color that acts as a base, it goes all over the lid, you could layer shadows over it. Leading Lady is kind of a deep taupe, I would use it for the crease. Lush is a bronze metallic color, and Frivolous which is my favorite is a pinky color, in a video I saw it used in the corners of the eye to brighten or all over the lid. I'm not good at describing things, so don't hold me to it!