Respected Contributor

Courteney Cox reveals why she had all her fillers dissolved

Courteney Cox has revealed the real reason why she dissolved all her injectable facial fillers in 2017, admitting that she “didn’t look like herself”.

The 54-year-old - who is the new face of L’Oréal Paris’ empowering Super Preference #OWNINGIT campaign - spoke to People about why she is now proud of being filler-free.

“I would say it’s a common thing you go through as you age, especially in Hollywood,” Courteney revealed. “You have to accept getting older, and that’s something that I had a hard time doing.”

The Friends actress admitted that she first started getting the procedure, which fills in wrinkles and add volume to soft tissue, because she “wasn’t pleased with myself and the way I looked.”

“[I tried] to keep up with time in a way that was anything other than maintenance. I didn’t realise it until one day I kind of stepped back and went, ‘Oh ******. I don’t look like myself.'

Now, Courteney says she’s the most confident she’s ever been. Amen to that.

“So now I just embrace who I am and getting older with what God gave me, not what I was trying to change.

“I kind of own everything. And the things that I am not as comfortable with myself, they’re things that I continue to work on to grow and change.

I am at a stage of my life where it’s very easy to be comfortable with who I am and who I’ve become and who I strive to be”, she added.

"Things are going to change. Everything's going to drop. I was trying to make it not drop, but that made me look fake. You need movement in your face, especially if you have thin skin like I do. Those aren't wrinkles – they're smile lines. I've had to learn to embrace movement and realise that fillers are not my friend."

Honored Contributor

Re: Courteney Cox reveals why she had all her fillers dissolved

good for her...,..I'm sure her public relations person reviewed her comments closely before releasing.  Sounds good.

Honored Contributor

She  is only54.... Just wait until her 60's let alone her 70's.... she will revert back to fillers and everything she can get her hands on......

The 50's are NOTHING  compared to what is coming!!!!

Trusted Contributor

She looks better in the "before".

th.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good for her to realize it wasn't what she wanted and was able to get it reversed.  

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Courteney Cox has revealed the real reason why she dissolved all her injectable facial fillers in 2017, admitting that she “didn’t look like herself”.

The 54-year-old - who is the new face of L’Oréal Paris’ empowering Super Preference #OWNINGIT campaign - spoke to People about why she is now proud of being filler-free.

“I would say it’s a common thing you go through as you age, especially in Hollywood,” Courteney revealed. “You have to accept getting older, and that’s something that I had a hard time doing.”

The Friends actress admitted that she first started getting the procedure, which fills in wrinkles and add volume to soft tissue, because she “wasn’t pleased with myself and the way I looked.”

“[I tried] to keep up with time in a way that was anything other than maintenance. I didn’t realise it until one day I kind of stepped back and went, ‘Oh ******. I don’t look like myself.'

Now, Courteney says she’s the most confident she’s ever been. Amen to that.

“So now I just embrace who I am and getting older with what God gave me, not what I was trying to change.

“I kind of own everything. And the things that I am not as comfortable with myself, they’re things that I continue to work on to grow and change.

I am at a stage of my life where it’s very easy to be comfortable with who I am and who I’ve become and who I strive to be”, she added.

"Things are going to change. Everything's going to drop. I was trying to make it not drop, but that made me look fake. You need movement in your face, especially if you have thin skin like I do. Those aren't wrinkles – they're smile lines. I've had to learn to embrace movement and realise that fillers are not my friend."

@FlowerBear  I'm glad they can melt away fillers ...less is more for anything done to one face!

I'm glad she's doing this and although wealthy she has a new gig now and has a good sense of self and looks much better now.

At 54 I don't think she needed all those fillers!.

She may get fillers again later on.. who knows..it's hard for many woman in the world of film.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Yeah, during the last season of "Friends" I noticed that she began getting fillers. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

She looks better in the "before".

th.jpg

Sure she looks much better in the before but I am sure she isn't the same age either...I would guess she's 10-15yrs younger.  Nothing is sagging.  All she will end up doing is a face lift instead of the fillers now.  I would think it's like breast implants if you take them out your skin has been stretched somewhat and you are even more sagging/deflated.  Probably best not to start down that road at all unless you plan on keeping it "UP" until your really old....like 90!  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

She does look so much better without.  So many others do too. Maybe a little filler is ok but I think many start getting way too much.

Honored Contributor

She was starting to resembble that woman from many years ago by the last name of Wildenstein.  She was a surgery junkie and totally ruined her face.  Can someone please find and post a picture of her?  Beyond my modest capabilities.