Trusted Contributor

Couple of drugstore rec's 😊

[ Edited ]

Liking both so far.

The hair products do not weigh down my (fine wavy) hair and the Creation boost spray is buildable but does not build up.  The mousse gives nice body/bounce to the hair. (I use Pantene Smooth to help with frizz). 

IMG_1827.JPG

The concealer reminds me of the old Department store Ultima II line. Loved that line and was sad when it went out of business:

IMG_1828.JPG

I pícked the concealer (in Vanilla shade) and mousse up at CVS, and the Boost Creation spray at Rite-aid. Received many recommendations and heads-up on these boards so just sharing--

⚓️
Respected Contributor

Re: Couple of drugstore rec's 😊

Thanks!

I use Aquage mousse ($20 a can) so I’m always looking for a good dupe.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoveMyBaby  It's always nice to read reviews on drugstore brands.  While I still buy more than my share of prestige brands, a lot of the products at the drugstore level have come a long way.  There's plenty of quality out there now.  I was looking at that NYX concealer recently at Walgreens, but I had already commited to Morphe's Fluidity Full-Coverage Concealer for spring.  So far, I am liking it.  The texture may be thicker than what I might normally choose, but it wears fabulously (no creasing or color changing). The color range is excellent too.  In my case any one of three shades would have been acceptable, but I settled on 4.35 (rich with golden undertone).  The brand has some interesting looking eyeshadow palettes as well. The only downside for Morphe is that you can't see it in person unless you have an Ulta in the area.  In the US, the brand is sold only on the Morphe website (and their handful of Morphe stores) and Ulta.  

Trusted Contributor

@Trix  Hi, I love ❤️ reviews and appreciate them! I agree, drugstore products HAVE come a long way and its easy to return (cheaper too) if things don't measure up. I've become a stickler for returning now. Especially with the expenses of these make-up and beauty items. 

Thanks for your rec too 😉!

⚓️
Frequent Contributor

@LoveMyBaby I like those hair products too. I like that they offer heat protection. I get them at my local Dollar General. I will have to try the concealer.
Honored Contributor

I've not tried the hairspray but unfortunately the Mousse did nothing for my poker straight, fine hair.   

I have quite a few drugstore products in my skincare and make-up arsenal.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Correct, it's not a crunchy mouse which I was happy about. I've got body today! 👍🏼

I use my Revlon dryer brush to build the volume...too.

⚓️
Respected Contributor

thanks for the recommendations!  

i have been using the boost volume inject mousse for some time and i love it.  i will definitely give the high lift creation spray a try !!!  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Do the Loreal items have any scent or fragrance? 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby   I use Aquage Thickening Spray gel (yes, it actually thickens your hair) but it is always good to hear about other products out there that work.

kindness is strength