Honored Contributor

Could you do this?

[ Edited ]

I have several friends my age and older. 

They  dont do anything at all to try and fight aging in any way. They dont do skin care or use any products other than soap and water. 

They  have let their hair go naturally gray and two of them wear it long below shoulders.

I am so the opposite and use so many skin care products and nu-face and try to look the best I can and the youngest that I can.

I have hardly any gray hair and happy so far about that! Will color it when it I need to start!

I am 60 but most people guess me younger and some even comment on that.

Around the house I dont wear makeup but never leave the house without.

Could you just let go of doing anything at all and just be your total natural self?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

Never, I’m too vain. 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs No , I can't. It just isn't me. Sometimes I think oh how nice it would be to do that. But it just isn't me. I still color my hair, wear makeup and use my skincare. I love it!!!!! My sister in law is the same way, and she is 66...I do have a friend though that is 64 and she no longer colors her hair and it is so pretty, but she has a youthful face and still wears a light makeup...She said once she retired, she wan't going to spend the money to keep her hair colored..... 

Esteemed Contributor

No.

I love to see a lady who takes care of herself.

That includes wearing make-up, having her hair done, etc., no matter what her age.

JMO

Trusted Contributor

Re: Could you do this?

[ Edited ]

I seriously don't think I could give up all together, but I wish  I could.  I'm dangerously close to throwing in the towel.

I've always cared how I look, but I wouldn't say I fanatically take care of myself, like some women do.

My weight fluctuates, although I'm pretty trim.  I had several cosmetic procedures around age 50 (I'm now 70), and my hair which was always very good (thick and healthy, slow to gray) well, I would sometimes go to the ends of the earth to get good cuts, sometimes I would let it grow long and avoid hairdressers.   I love makeup and use a ton of products.

But, time is really taking it's toll recently, and I'm just getting tired of it all.  I really wish I cared less.

I'll probably keep trying all sorts of things, though, because as my mother said toward the end of her life " you can't give up, you have to keep trying."  She meant all things, not just appearance related.

Esteemed Contributor

@blueroses47  I am of that mindset....I think once a person lets their appearance slide, other things will follow...

Honored Contributor

I am 80 now, but I still spruce up when I'm going anywhere.  However, I let myself go "haggy" around the house these days.  Just don't have the energy anymore.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Like the other replies, I just couldn't do it. I'm much too vain.   Some women look great with grey/silver hair - like the Covergirl model.  I don't think I'd fall in that category.  My mom never went grey until the day she passed.  So for now, I'm happy coloring the grey and wearing makeup and fragrance.   I enjoy reading about beauty here on this forum and following the you tubers.

Honored Contributor

I use some kind of cleanser to wash my face. Depending if it seems to be on the dry side or more oily side will determine what I use that day. I put a light cream on after washing. 

I only use a liquid makeup on my t zone as that tends to be red. I use that if I leave the house. I wear glasses, so I don't bother with eye makeup.

i stopped coloring my hair when I stopped working. It is more white than gray. I keep it short, to me it looks more stylish. I would never wear it past my shoulders.

Honored Contributor

I color my hair,wear makeup and always try to smell good and dress somewhat current...that’s it.I try to be happy and work on that part of my life the hardest.