Respected Contributor

Do you have pretty hands?    I have small hands and short fingers and have always admired those with long slender fingers.  I never really had great nails either.  They get long but have always been weak.     

I have occasionally gotten manicures but I never did the acrylic nails because I didn't want to draw attention to my hands.   

Now that I've gotten older my hands don't really look that nice.   I have some arthritis in my hands and although it isn't painful at all it has caused one of my fingers to slightly bend to the left.   

I do have pretty good feet so I do get pedicures.  I don't mind showing off my feet but I just as soon hide my hands.  When I started getting pedicures they would always ask me if I wanted a manicure too.   I would always just say that I am rough on my hands so I just keep my nails short.  Now they don't ask me any longer.   

I often look at older ladies hands and some of them still have the most beautiful hands.  I remember Joan Rivers always had such nice hands.  For a lady her age, her hands were so smooth and almost wrinkle free.    Even though she keeps her nails short and plain, Martha Stewart also has lovely hands.   I remember hearing her once say that she gets hand massages on a regular basis.   

For me, I think I just wasn't blessed with great hands and nails.   I should have been born in the times that ladies always wore white gloves.   I'm a little self-conscious about my hands but I realize it's such a small thing and there's more important things to worry about.

Honored Contributor

Re: Could you be a hand model?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I think I could be, my hands with natural, long nails have always been my very best feature. I get lots of compliments on my hands and nails. At almost 68, I have no wrinkles on my hands and very few dark spots.  I also could be a foot model, because foot models are supposedly a shoe size 6, which is what I am. now, as for the rest of me, not modeling material. 

Respected Contributor

Oh Lord No ...I have short stubby fingers .. two fingers nails that I have

damaged to the point I may have one permanently removed ... its

horrendous ..... but my granddaughter does .. she has the most beautiful

hands and long natural nicely shaped nails ....

Honored Contributor

No.  I do have long fingers and good nails, but I'm really rough on them with all the yard work I do, so I'm always breaking nails and my hands just look old.  I used to get acrylic nails, but I finally decided I would rather use my hands than not use them and have pretty hands.  

Honored Contributor

Leah Williams could.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I was once told by a salesperson I have beautiful hands! My hands are very small ( I have had people say I have baby hands), my wrists are very thin, you could snap them like twigs! My nails are terrible though, so I don't think anyone is going to hire me anytime soon. Also, I couldn't take the pressure of keeping my hands in excellent condition ( remember George from Seinfeld)!

Valued Contributor

Yes.  I have been stopped on the street by strangers and told that I should be a hand model.  We were at a show once in HI and when the singer came off stage she came over to me and said she couldn't stop looking at my hands.  My hands are the only part of me that I am totally happy with!  😂

Honored Contributor

I used to think my hands were very pretty.  They are thin, and I have a very small wrist.  

They aren't pretty anymore though.  My veins stick up all the time.  I'm sitting here looking at them now, and my veins are sticking out.  I'm sure that's not the correct way to phrase that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I used to have nice hands with slender fingers and long nail beds. I always kept them nice and wore acrylics for years. Now that I am old, they are thin with huge veins. Since I retired, mine are working hands. Cooking, cleaning, yard work didn't help. Oh well. I still try to keep my nails from looking too bad and still wear rings bracelets, etc. That seems to detract a little from the ugly hands.

Respected Contributor

No, but I could be a lingerie model.  

Smiley LOL

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York