Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Could This Be a Less Spendy Option to Tatcha's Rice Polish?

[ Edited ]

I've been waiting and waiting for Susan Yara to make a rice polish.  I'm good for probably another 6+ months of my Tatcha Rice Polish.  I came across this from someone asking about a dupe for Tatcha's Rice Wash.  Maybe it's 2in1?  It's an enzyme rice powder cleanser, that exfoliates, from Tony Moly.  I don't have anything from this (Korean) line but they're highly thought of.  I'm going to reach out to the company.

Exfoliating Enzyme Cleanser. This water-activated powder exfoliant is infused with Rice Powder, Rice Extract, and Papaya Enzyme to gently exfoliate skin and reveal a brighter and more radiant complexion! Free of artificial fragrances, colors, and low PH.

Honored Contributor

Re: Could This Be a Less Spendy Option to Tatcha's Rice Polish?

There are many enzymatic exfoliating cleansing powders out there. I've used a number of them and they're all basically the same. I've used things from Tony Moly in the past. I think it would be fine. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, that would be great @JeanLouiseFinch .  I love the Rice Polish but I'm willing to try a less spendy option to see if it works as well.  Since this Tony Moly product is a cleanser in addition to an exfoliant, I'm a little concerned about cleansing.  I would be cleansing (Naturium) and then cleansing-exfoliating (Tony Moly).  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tacha's is nice but over packaged IMO

I got another rice powder cleanser and it's almost the same for less money

if Tatcha works for you it's OK with me

I swear by LaMer soft cream moisturizers and that ain't cheap either 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Wow, that would be great @JeanLouiseFinch .  I love the Rice Polish but I'm willing to try a less spendy option to see if it works as well.  Since this Tony Moly product is a cleanser in addition to an exfoliant, I'm a little concerned about cleansing.  I would be cleansing (Naturium) and then cleansing-exfoliating (Tony Moly).  

@monicakm  Check out Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant. You can mix that in with your cleanser. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

Which one do you use?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I will, thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good information from all. Thank you. I have been using the Tatcha brand and got it on a two-for. I'm really liking it and the results, however, I would be willing to try something else less costly for the same results.

Yes, the product is way over-packaged.

Honored Contributor

It's kind of like Josie Maran's expensive argan oil compared to other much less expensive argan oil brands out there?

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal ,

When JM first came out with that argan oil, I found a. less expensive bottle online. Don't remember the brand, for about $6. My skin looked amazing. I'll use the JM samples but won't buy any.