Trusted Contributor

Could Mally's Poreless Face Defender cause pimples?

I have had the Poreless Face Defender for a few years and have never used it. Last week I decided to use it after I put on my IT Cosmetics CC Cream to reduce the shine I get in the summer.

Since them I have had pimples show up on my face. Could this be related or just a cooincidence? I don't know what is in the clear Poreless Face Defender. Anyone care to comment?

Respected Contributor

Re: Could Mally's Poreless Face Defender cause pimples?

@Squirrel Lover  Check the ingredient deck for silicones-anything ending in ' cone' .

That may be the culprit. Especially in the first 2 lines of the deck.

I absolutely can't use silicones or I break out in pimples as well.

Honored Contributor

I would say yes, because of the silicone(dimethicone) content of this product. Not only does it seal in your pores but it also seals in bacteria which might be the reason for the pimples.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the version by Skinn- and can't use it by my  nose because  I break out. 

Respected Contributor

I imagine that anything that "fills in the pores" could possibly clog the pores. 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover

Yes, this product causes a lot of people to break out. I'm fortunate that it doesn't cause any problems for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another thing to consider about products that contain "cones"...this ingredient can increase penetration of other ingredients, especially certain oils which may lead to problematic skin for acne-prone people. The cones make certain oils to go deeper into the pores in other words. So it may not be just the Pore Defender alone that is causing your breakouts.

Honored Contributor

First, it's very difficult to pinpoint exactly what might cause a break-out. Chances are that it is not even due to a topical ingredient. But if it is, one would not see the adverse result for several days or more.

As for silicones, there is excellent, factual information out there that explains exactly how they work, contrary to what some think, especially based on its texture. Keep in mind, too, that silicones are in the majority of skincare and cosmetic products.

Having said that, individual reactions to ingredients vary.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Yes, Mally's Poreless Face Defender definitely caused a problem for me.  I think it had to do with the amount of 'cones' in this product.  I really liked how this product took care of shine, however, and I think for those not sensitive to the ingredients, it would be a great alternative to powder.  Incidentally, I gave mine to my sister, and she loved it.

Honored Contributor

I have had this product for a few years.  No problem for me, but my question is if anyone has bought it recently, is it the same as before?  I'm leary of Mally's products now since she sold her company.