Honored Contributor

Since i look for new organic products, I tried a new one. They had it a couple months ago. Then nada for so long. Just last week it came back into stock!! It is in a deli case and called organic chicken Ceasar salad. It just has the fixins (no lettuce), and it is very good. It contains 2 large packets of organic grilled chicken pieces, breast meat, 2 packs shaved organic parmesan cheese,, 2 large packets organic caesar salad dressing (and this is what sold me, it is wonderful dressing) and 2 packs chopped sun dried tomatoes. The sun dried tomatoes make this different, and they are tasty. I would say each set of ingredients makes a family salad with your own lettuce. The grilled chicken is tender and good. All ingredients are organic.

Valued Contributor

If anyone is interested the American Express card that Costco has it gives money back with your purchases. I use my card in the grocery store, pharmacy and anywhere they take it. Last year I got $150. back and this year I got $170. back. I use the card also for my one time payment of car insurance and one time payment of house insurance. I write very few checks anymore. It's fast and easy. Costco will give you cash back when you take in the refund or you can use it in the store. Whichever you like. It can add up if you charge medical on it too. My dog had cataract surgery and I charged that also. Pay my bill off every month and it's just like using cash. With the card Costco can pull up what I paid for an item I returned. Even if the item was marked down after I bought it they still give me back the amount I paid for it. If you don't have a receipt they will give you the reduced price. Will give me cash, a card to use in the store or take it off the AE. Their return policy is very good, been shopping there since 1985. Nothing but good things to say about Costco. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Other stores should be so nice to customers.

Honored Contributor
On 4/29/2014 kismet said:

If anyone is interested the American Express card that Costco has it gives money back with your purchases. I use my card in the grocery store, pharmacy and anywhere they take it. Last year I got $150. back and this year I got $170. back. I use the card also for my one time payment of car insurance and one time payment of house insurance. I write very few checks anymore. It's fast and easy. Costco will give you cash back when you take in the refund or you can use it in the store. Whichever you like. It can add up if you charge medical on it too. My dog had cataract surgery and I charged that also. Pay my bill off every month and it's just like using cash. With the card Costco can pull up what I paid for an item I returned. Even if the item was marked down after I bought it they still give me back the amount I paid for it. If you don't have a receipt they will give you the reduced price. Will give me cash, a card to use in the store or take it off the AE. Their return policy is very good, been shopping there since 1985. Nothing but good things to say about Costco. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Other stores should be so nice to customers.

Same here. The Costco AMEX card is the best thing since sliced bread! We use ours for every little thing we can and pay the statement balance each month so there's never any interest charged. Our annual rebate hasn't been less than $750 since we started that. One trick though about spending the AMEX cash back rebate.....when you get your rebate check from AMEX, go to Costco and cash it, put the cash in the bank. Use the card again for the purchase that cash might be earmarked for, so you'll get the rebate on it, and then pay it off with the banked cash when the statement comes.

Valued Contributor

I kind of do that. We get all of our money put directly into our account so I have to go to the bank and take some out for cash gifts for grand kids and just to have cash on hand. So instead of taking money out of the bank I use the cash from Costco. There are only two of us so I don't spend a lot at Costco like I use to. My daughter can't get out of there with less than $500. or $600. dollars for her family. I keep telling her to get a card but she doesn't want to. She just uses her debit card.

Super Contributor

I was so glad to see this thread - they just announced yesterday that we're getting the first Costco store in Oklahoma here. It's good to know the store gets such great reviews.

Super Contributor

I wish I would have bought some of their stock after the 2008 crash. It has only gone up, up, up! Great store, great employees.

I use to call it my 200.00 store and now it is my 300.00 store and I shop there quite frequently and still can't get out for less. But I do shop at Sam's too but Costco is my favorite. I was there later at night a week or two ago . . . forgot how much I enjoyed shopping there the hour or so before closing . . . as I'd shop after taking daughter to dance and pick her back up . . . way less crowded . . . but alas she grew up and drove herself and is now away at college . .. but I think I'll go back to shopping there at those times at night because it gets so crowded during the day much less weekends which I avoid as much as possible!

Valued Contributor

We just went there the other day and I absolutely love it. Potstickers are great, Belgian waffles, Cape Cod chips, organic multi-grain omega 3 bread (our favorite bread), huge pepper and tomato plants with fruit already on them, dog food and snacks, salmon, chicken pot pie, etc., etc. But, my favorite purchase of all, my Novaform memory foam mattress, which I ordered on line and have been sleeping on for a week now--just Heavenly!

Respected Contributor

I just bought a chicken coop there for $179!! I'm so excited. My chicken had a brutal fall off of a chicken transport truck...the didn't have the door latched. She was hurt but survived.She is going to love her new home!! I have the costco membership that gives a check back each year...it always is enough to cover the cost of the membership plus more.it's like getting a free membership plus free stuff. I love that. I am gonna check into the costco amex too.

Respected Contributor
On 4/27/2014 violann said: I LOVE the Patti Dubroff lip gloss. Very light but really lasts.

I got these too and they are SO pretty! Love'em! Might go back for another set. I also got the Borghese set and returned them...too icky and sticky just like JLF said. I want to add that yes Costco is GREAT on returns without the receipt. I even returned a big bag of ""Salmon Treats"" because my pups turned their little noses up at them. Must be pretty bad for them not to like a ""treat"". Even the cats said ""no way"" so back they went with no problem. Love shopping there! You never know just what you will find.

Super Contributor
On 4/27/2014 coffee drinker said:
On 4/26/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 4/26/2014 coffee drinker said:
On 4/26/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'm in the midwest and rarely see the all the Costco "finds" that are posted here. A few weeks ago I bought a set of Bourgese lip glosses for $15-20. Ugh, they're awful (very sticky) and not worth the money. Too bad I didn't keep the receipt or packaging, I would have returned them. They ended up in the trash. I've had better luck with E.L.F. Liquid Lipstick for a buck a tube.

Jean Louise, you don't have to have the receipt to return anything to Costco. They have all that you purchased in their computer. As for keeping the packaging -- I don't know, but Costco has such an easy return policy. I opened a pkg. of tomato sauce and one of the cans looked like it was run over by a MAC truck and another was slightly dented -- no signs of damage to the package. I needed one can of the sauce, used it and returned the other 11 to my Costco for a refund. Told the associate I had used one can and she said, "no problem, you should have used 2. Also returned a big box of microwave popcorn -- think it was Orville's. The stuff was awful and tasted stale. Again, I had no receipt and it was bought a while ago. Refund granted, no questions asked. COSTCO KNOWS WHAT YOU BOUGHT WITHOUT A RECEIPT.

Ya know, I knew this from returning something else in the past, but guess I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

No problem, "Scout" (wink, wink)

Hey, I CALL her SCOUT, too...lol