Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

For those of you that all of a sudden China is on your NO NO list, really have you asked the question to yourself and answer, why dont you want all of a sudden, your creams, lotions, potions who are made in China, you unexpectly woke up one day and said no to China?

Any way, dig your pockets and start buy from these brands, they are not made in China:

1) DIOR

2) CHANEL

3) GIVENCHY

4) YVES SAINT LAURENT

5) GUERLAIN

6) SHISEIDO ( FRANCE & JAPAN)

7) CARTIER

8) NIGERMAT ( NICHE PRODUCT)

9) PARICHE (NICHE PRODUCT)

10) SANTA MARIA NOVELLA

11) KIKO  (ITS THE MAC OF ITALY)

12) COLLISTAR

13) BORGHEZE

14) CARTHUSIA

15) MANETTI ROBERTS OF FLORENCE (POSH)

16) SKIN&CO ROMA

17 DAVINES

...so stop crying why IT cosmetics is made in China and you dont want to buy it among other QVC beauty items.

I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cosmetics not made in China

[ Edited ]

@Dinaki  For me it's not an all of sudden choice. I stopped buying makeup made in China at least two years ago. Buy what you (anyone) likes, but for me it's a NO! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of it depends on one's definition of "Made in (where ever)".  

Many containers for makeup/beauty products are made in China.  But the actual product is not.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dinaki wrote:

For those of you that all of a sudden China is on your NO NO list, really have you asked the question to yourself and answer, why dont you want all of a sudden, your creams, lotions, potions who are made in China, you unexpectly woke up one day and said no to China?

Any way, dig your pockets and start buy from these brands, they are not made in China:

1) DIOR

2) CHANEL

3) GIVENCHY

4) YVES SAINT LAURENT

5) GUERLAIN

6) SHISEIDO ( FRANCE & JAPAN)

7) CARTIER

8) NIGERMAT ( NICHE PRODUCT)

9) PARICHE (NICHE PRODUCT)

10) SANTA MARIA NOVELLA

11) KIKO  (ITS THE MAC OF ITALY)

12) COLLISTAR

13) BORGHEZE

14) CARTHUSIA

15) MANETTI ROBERTS OF FLORENCE (POSH)

16) SKIN&CO ROMA

17 DAVINES

...so stop crying why IT cosmetics is made in China and you dont want to buy it among other QVC beauty items.

Umm...you purposely picked the priciest cosmetics companies you could find.  I buy plenty of cosmetics NOT made in China that are very affordable... TheBalm, Physicians Formula, Milani, No7, BareMinerals, to name just a few.  

Your post is disingenuous and judgemental.

Buy whatever and wherever you want, and I will do the same.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki  You’ve got a lot of nerve.  I don’t know how it got by me, but now that I’ve been alerted to the fact that IT Cosmetics are manufactured in China, I’m personally convicted and no longer want to buy their products.  I personally want to see our country recover in the area manufacturing and returning to being more self-sufficient.  I want to support American workers as much as possible.  No, I may not be able to manage a fully made in the USA household but I’m sure gonna try.  The cosmetic companies on your list aren’t the only ones.  There are more out there, if people are willing to do the research 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I don't buy cosmetics from China because they test on animals and there quality is not controlled.  I try my best to buy as little as possible from China. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Colourpop is a super affordable brand that is made here. I always recommend it to people who are concerned about China made makeup.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@luvs2garden 

Off topic...did you take advantage of Rakuten and the 15% ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Jlkz wrote:

@luvs2garden 

Off topic...did you take advantage of Rakuten and the 15% ?

@Jlkz  No, I haven't. I may change my mind later about using. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I agree, there are not a lot of cosmetics that are Made in the USA, but there are definitely some more affordable lines that come to mind that are including, Flower Beauty, Winky Lux and Everyday Minerals. I use some Everyday Minerals but will definitely consider some of these other lines in the future.