Trusted Contributor

I just found my holy grail foundation (Chanel Lift Lumiere) on ebay - for a premium price of course because it's been discontinued.  However, what has been your experience with buying makeup from ebay.  I'm especially leary (Coronavirus notwithstanding) because this particular foundation is coming from Taiwan.  

Honored Contributor

all forit!! I buy all high end cosmentics on ebay, or I couldnot afford themRe: Cosmetics from Ebay

I am all for it, only way I can afford to buy high end cosmetics. Buy from sellers with excellent feedback. Ebay stands behind everythng so all issues get resolved quickly and you get a refund. I have been buying from ebay since 2004. Love the Bonus Bucks program and it is on all the rebate sites too. For me it is a win win situation, my go to department store. Also usually sample sizes in cosmetics to try to, I like that. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Cosmetics from Ebay

[ Edited ]

I have bought makeup on eBay for years, started with bare minerals and my lastest is the gel no tug eyeliner. eBay is the first place I go after I see something for sale on here. 

The same with designer clothes I always check them out for great lower prices.

I used to buy my Dooney and Burke bags there too.

I have been on eBay since 2004 and I have never had to send anything back. I got a broken corningware dish once but they gave me a full refund.

Respected Contributor

Never have I ever - Purchased Anything from Ebay....hmmmmm

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Never have I ever - Purchased Anything from Ebay....hmmmmm

Watch out, once you start you will never stop, it is very addicting, but so much fun!!!

Honored Contributor

Remember to sign up for the Bonus Bucks program, i have made a lot of money with this, and Top Cashback is usually 1.5% back. 

Honored Contributor

BTW, if you like Q and HSN fashions, alwaya available on ebay for about half the price as on TV, just be sure they are brand new. 

Honored Contributor

I've been buying stuff from eBay for over 18 years...all kinds of stuff, including cosmetics.

Respected Contributor

I get all of my cosmetics from eBay and Poshmark, with a sprinkling of skin care and primers and SPF from Ulta when they have one of their sales.  My last bottle of Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet came from eBay and I had no problems with it.  I wouldn't be too uncomfortable purchasing from a Taiwanese seller; just make sure you open and try it out right away so you can take advantage of the buyer protection program.

Regular Contributor

I always buy from eBay, and have never had a problem, including cosmetics. 

I buy from reputable sellers, with good feedback. However, I do only purchase from sellers in the USA.

Fantastic deals on clothing too. I mostly buy only NWT items. (New With Tags). All sorts of brands from the Q, and many more. Just put in the right description, and 9 times out of 10 the item comes up. Good luck!