Respected Contributor

Re: Cosmetic sales must be WAY down.

I feel after not wearing foundation for a year my skin looks the best it ever has.  I found COTZ  tinted primer with spf and I wear that now in place of foundation.  I actually feel free not feeling like I have to wear it.  I do miss wearing lipstick because of the masks.  I always envied people who could go out barefaced and confident.  

Honored Contributor

Right now, I'm wearing only antiaging, sunscreen, and eye makeup.

I haven't bought foundation, face powder, blush, or lipstick since we began wearing masks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ours hasnt moved their cosmetics area. It is right next to the Pet area.

I have only worn some mascara, liner, brow during the entire pandemic and not every time.

No point in wearing anything that will get

on mask!

Around home I wear lip color and dont do

my eyes unless I go to a store!

Still hanging on to the foundation and other makeup for now but I will need to buy new.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I can believe that . How do you or why bother with makeup foundation , blush, &  lipstick while wearing masks ?

@skatting44   No foundation here, but a little blush high on cheekbones does show over the mask, eye liner and mascara. Eye makeup sales, YouTube videos, magazine ads are mostly for eye makeup now.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

I have not worn foundation for a yr. Yesterday, I had to renew my License so I did put on Bare Minerals, blush, tighlined my eye's ,mascara & wore a matte lipstick (I don like matte) all because you cannot take a photo at the DMV with a mask. Sales are down on foundations for sure.

@Kabella   Yes, my license gets renewed this summer and I thought about the photo...definitely needs to be changed. I may or may not wear foundation, but blush, eyes will be done and a lipstick in my pocket for when mask comes off for my photo op.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i finally bit the bullet the other day. tossed probably 90% of my lipsticks.  i usually only wear chap stick at this point. 

it killed me, as before, i would never leave the house without lipstick on. always thought  i looked washed out without it.  new times.

@kittyloo   I wear lip pencil with lip balm on top. I'm not wearing the mask in my car or walking through parking lots, etc. I definitely do look washed out without some cheek/lip color.

Honored Contributor

Can't speak for WM since mine's in a bad location and I go to Target instead. The makeup and skincare there is up front as soon as you enter the store...shampoo, hair dryers, etc., too. 

Frequent Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I had to make an infrequent trip to Walmart yesterday.  They have moved their cosmetic lines way down the front aisle, next to the garden and pet food departments.  

That's where ours has always been!

I just went through my giant makeup drawer, tossing old products, donating new unopened (colors that might not look good on me).  I put on lip gloss to do yard work.  Maybe I should start wearing makeup just sitting around the house.  🤣

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I don't know why my skincare increased during Covid.  Until I actually got Covid (from my working husband), my daily life really didn't change much at all.  I guess it was finding James Welsh on You Tube that got my skincare juices flowing!  But at the same time I went bananas buying makeup Smiley Surprised  I think I've probably made up for the downward sales! Smiley Wink  Speaking of makeup, I'm sorely disappointed in the new MAC "blush"...the new collection with the cherry blossoms.  It's marketed as a blush.  It's a light pink highlighter.  I may keep it since I've been wanting a light pink highlighter.

@Shanus 

Are you saying you're working out of an office now vs your home?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Yes, for skincare.