Honored Contributor

Cosmetic sales must be WAY down.

I had to make an infrequent trip to Walmart yesterday.  They have moved their cosmetic lines way down the front aisle, next to the garden and pet food departments.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cosmetic sales must be WAY down.

I'm thinking there is a lot of makeup selling and they want people to go further into the store, hopefully picking up items to and from the makeup section.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I can believe that . How do you or why bother with makeup foundation , blush, &  lipstick while wearing masks ?

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I can believe that . How do you or why bother with makeup foundation , blush, &  lipstick while wearing masks ?

I put on mascara and sun screen.... nothing else when I go out with the mask.  No one sees my face.  Normally I would put on a bit of concealer and some blush and lip stick. Until I stop with the masks... which I probably will not for another year or so.... even vaccinated ... No makeup for me.

Honored Contributor

My WM has always had the cosmetic section right next to the garden supplies (seasonal section) in the back half of the store.  You have to checkout at the cosmetic register b/c the front registers won't accept them. It's for shoplifting concerns why they do that.

Esteemed Contributor

They must be down based on what I see and hear.  I know I finally tossed everything since it was getting old.  Still waiting before I get new.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

They must be down based on what I see and hear.  I know I finally tossed everything since it was getting old.  Still waiting before I get new.

@Still Raining  To buy NEW will kind of be a lot of fun I bet!

Respected Contributor

I have not worn foundation for a yr. Yesterday, I had to renew my License so I did put on Bare Minerals, blush, tighlined my eye's ,mascara & wore a matte lipstick (I don like matte) all because you cannot take a photo at the DMV with a mask. Sales are down on foundations for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@Still Raining  To buy NEW will kind of be a lot of fun I bet!

@SeaMaiden 

So many things are going to be fun ❤️

Respected Contributor

i finally bit the bullet the other day. tossed probably 90% of my lipsticks.  i usually only wear chap stick at this point. 

it killed me, as before, i would never leave the house without lipstick on. always thought  i looked washed out without it.  new times.