Honored Contributor

Re: Cosmetic Saleswomen-Looking the part.

@SilleeMee wrote:

"How you look depends on where you go."

That has more than one meaning when you think about it.

@SilleeMee    YES, I "get it" (!)     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 

Do you think you could use some paragraphs when posting?

It would be helpful in reading them, esp. the long ones.

TIA!!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   As usual, your kindness and loving heart were abundant in your post. Wish everyone could see others through your eyes.

Stay beautiful... 

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 wrote:
I really blame the people in management for hiring these people. They have the opportunity to decide who gets the position. But if I was senior management I would question their decisions. Especially if you work in an upscale store.

@Allthingsgirly67 

It is highly illegal to discriminate against an applicant because of the way they look.

Companies must be Very careful to avoid lawsuits, labor cases and more.

You can Not deny someone a position because you don't like the way they look, color of their hair etc. no more than you can discriminate against them for being old, larger or handicapped.

Honored Contributor

Anything goes now.  People don't need to look nice, have a job, or be polite or do anything to feel good about themselves.  You can just be offended if anyone doesn't like your sloppiness, surly behavior or half baked job that you do for them.  It's all ok.  We wouldn't want you to feel bad about anything.  It's all someone's else's fault anyway.  Society, etc.

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67  I understand your point. I  too remember when big brand makeup

saleswomen were put together very nicely, salesmen wore ties, we dressed to go the theater. That world is gone. Women walk around in tights that almost see through and ill fitting tops and slippers. Yuck. It's a messy society now. 

Agree...one of my retired friends (who was a true professional) said to me "we're in THEIR world now."  And that's the truth!

If you see a lady with a dress and heels on you take a second look because it's so rare! Covid had a lot to do with it and I think it's going to stay that way.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Anything goes now.  People don't need to look nice, have a job, or be polite or do anything to feel good about themselves.  You can just be offended if anyone doesn't like your sloppiness, surly behavior or half baked job that you do for them.  It's all ok.  We wouldn't want you to feel bad about anything.  It's all someone's else's fault anyway.  Society, etc.

@Sooner  You actually see all this where you live? Or have you just read about it? Have never run across these type of people here or even while we were on a vacation in New England a few weeks ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

There is a big difference IMHO between presenting yourself neat, nails clean, hair washed and tidy in casual clothing. Also it depends weather you are city or country.

Take a look at ladies who present on the Q.  One in particular look like a mess with stringy messy hair no matter what she wears.  Jane Brown on the other hand is always perfectly groomed.

Present yourself with confidence and a smile, neat and clean and you'll be fine in a $10 Walmart Tee or one from Nordstrom.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy 

Wow, thank you so much for the compliment!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

🤦 So you're telling us now, so you don't have to tell us later ?  ( For the third time)