Trusted Contributor

Quinny, I ordered Perfect Formula's Gel Color in "Hot Coral" from their website about two months ago and it's become my summer toe color!  At first look at the bottle I was a bit turned-off by it because it's more on the orangey-coral side, but once I put it on I really liked it.  Bright orangey-coral colors are really in for summer, that and also pure white.  It's fun to follow nail color trends, it's a way to change things up and keep a little current without breaking the bank.  Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

With your coloring, I'll bet you look amazing in pinks and berries on your face! But I think anyone can wear any color on her nails. Coral is one of my favorites. I rarely wear anything else on fingers and toes in the summer - but I'm fickle and I do change sometimes! Smiley Wink

This is my current obsession: OPI's Infinite Shine "She went on and on and On." It's a pretty, deep coral:

opi she went on and on and on 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I wear whatever I want. Am shocked when I hear so called beauty experts say  that only certain people can wear certain colors--if you like it--wear it!!! Right now I am obsessed with cajun shrimp by OPI. It's on my toes. But next time I get a pedi, who knows what it will be. Whatever catches my eye will be on my toes.

Drool...

What I call a "red coral", and it's gawjis.

fddbb11c7e63506288d31da65b8725ea.jpg (216×146)

l.jpg (300×400)

Honored Contributor

Re: Coral Nail Polish

[ Edited ]

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Quinny, I ordered Perfect Formula's Gel Color in "Hot Coral" from their website about two months ago and it's become my summer toe color!  At first look at the bottle I was a bit turned-off by it because it's more on the orangey-coral side, but once I put it on I really liked it.  Bright orangey-coral colors are really in for summer, that and also pure white.  It's fun to follow nail color trends, it's a way to change things up and keep a little current without breaking the bank.  Smiley Happy   

Not an "orangey coral" at all; it's a pure pink coral, babe.  8)

HotCoralMakeUpLoveerBlog-270x270.jpg (270×270)

Hot-Coral-Hand-PF-150x150.jpg (150×150)

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I'm fair and love coral nail polish. I'm more neutral and wear pink corals and orange corals, but tend to prefer the pink-leaning corals for my nails. I also love turquoise and live to wear coral and turquoise polish together.

I love Essie Cute as a Button with Essie Turquoise & Caicos.

Nice.

img_0768.jpg (300×260)

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

With your coloring, I'll bet you look amazing in pinks and berries on your face! But I think anyone can wear any color on her nails. Coral is one of my favorites. I rarely wear anything else on fingers and toes in the summer - but I'm fickle and I do change sometimes! Smiley Wink

This is my current obsession: OPI's Infinite Shine "She went on and on and On." It's a pretty, deep coral:

opi she went on and on and on 

Ahh...  another vibrant red coral. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I LOVE coral polish on me! Just found a terrific Essie polish called Peachside Babe. Saw it advertised in a magazine and had to get it! Its beautiful on!

Essie 'Beach Side Babe':  

(they spell the color as 3 separate words)

peach side babe - corals by essie

Honored Contributor

@quinny wrote:

I was sitting in the beauty salon waiting for my haircut and reading an article about colors for summer nail polish.  This article stated that Coral was the best color for fair skin no matter what.  I have fair skin and blue eyes, I have always thought that Coral was too orange for me and have always leaned towards pinks and berries.  My girlfriend is fair skinned, reddish blonde hair, green eyes and wears Corals all of the time...lips and nails.  She always looks beautiful.  Even though I have dark hair and blue eyes, I am always drawn to the Coral shades first, but never buy them.  Are there colors that fair, brunette, blue eyed women should never wear?

I am fair-skinned with blue eyes and dark blonde/light brown hair. I cannot tell you how many bottles of coral polish I've purchased. (some leaning toward pink, while others leaning toward orange)  None has ever lasted on me for more than a day.  I HATE the way they look on me.  I've given up wearing coral on my fingernails, but still had hope I could do it on my toenails.  It just isn't happening.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Lulu!  We have similar coloring and I know what you mean!  Lately I've been trying the Perfect Formula Gel Colors from their website and I'm telling you those colors really do seem to last!  The "Hot Coral" I mentioned stays put for almost a week!  It definitely has more of an orange tone than a pink tone but the pink is in there and it's a pretty summer color.  The problem is that it's darn expensive!  But it really does last.  They have a shimmery soft pink gel color called "Dazzle" and wow is that one ever pretty.

Honored Contributor

I always think the only truely universal colors are nudes. Otherwise you have to play around and see what colors compliment you. There are many shades of coral out there too that randge from soft pinky tones to bright orangey tones.