Respected Contributor

Re: Copper Pillow Case from Consult Beauty

@Pecky wrote:

I did see that a few hours ago.  I really don't care for that couple at all plus listening to Kim Wells gets on my last nerve so I changed the channel.

I also watched the presentation on Evine.  I was mildly interested being a side sleeper myself but decided to wait to see the comments.  My least fav happens to be Lynne somebody as I can barely understand what she says.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I saw the CB pillowcases presented the other day. They are 100% copper-infused polyester. They said if you sleep on cotton then that will absorb your skin care products so that's why their's is made of poly. Okay that's all fine and dandy. But have you ever slept on 100% poly pillowcases? For me they are not very comfortable. So I bought some copper-infused pillowcases that are 40% poly/60% cotton so that I can be more comfortable sleeping on them. 

Copper does reduce wrinkles according to the NIH. Here's a publication discussing pillowcases and wrinkle reduction:

"Reduction of facial wrinkles depth by sleeping on copper oxide-containing pillowcases..."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22938003

Time to break out the copper pots and pans that my Grandmother and Mom carried over on the ship from Italy to Ellis Island.  It must work even better if the face goes directly into it!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I saw the CB pillowcases presented the other day. They are 100% copper-infused polyester. They said if you sleep on cotton then that will absorb your skin care products so that's why their's is made of poly. Okay that's all fine and dandy. But have you ever slept on 100% poly pillowcases? For me they are not very comfortable. So I bought some copper-infused pillowcases that are 40% poly/60% cotton so that I can be more comfortable sleeping on them. 

Copper does reduce wrinkles according to the NIH. Here's a publication discussing pillowcases and wrinkle reduction:

"Reduction of facial wrinkles depth by sleeping on copper oxide-containing pillowcases..."

Time to break out the copper pots and pans that my Grandmother and Mom carried over on the ship from Italy to Ellis Island.  It must work even better if the face goes directly into it!

Try it and let us know how it works.

Contributor

Only heard about copper pillow cases from Evine, but I’ve heard of copper in skin care!!
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mom2four0418, frankly, it's no sillier than thinking that sleeping on an infused pillow will do a darn thing.:-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Not sure i would want copper near my brain and head every night!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller