Occasional Contributor

Copper Pillow Case from Consult Beauty

Did anyone see the Consult Beauty pillow case that has copper in it and is supposed to be good for your skin? Has anyone heard anything about copper pillow cases? Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Copper Pillow Case from Consult Beauty

Geez, what will they come up with next?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the CB pillowcases presented the other day. They are 100% copper-infused polyester. They said if you sleep on cotton then that will absorb your skin care products so that's why their's is made of poly. Okay that's all fine and dandy. But have you ever slept on 100% poly pillowcases? For me they are not very comfortable. So I bought some copper-infused pillowcases that are 40% poly/60% cotton so that I can be more comfortable sleeping on them. 

Copper does reduce wrinkles according to the NIH. Here's a publication discussing pillowcases and wrinkle reduction:

"Reduction of facial wrinkles depth by sleeping on copper oxide-containing pillowcases..."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22938003

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Silleemee

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee Would you please share what brand you purchased?  I read somewhere that the silver infused pillowcases for acne, last up until you wash it about fifty times. Don't remember where I read that. Will the copper infused benefits last the lifetime of the pillowcase?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beautybee wrote:

@SilleeMee Would you please share what brand you purchased?  I read somewhere that the silver infused pillowcases for acne, last up until you wash it about fifty times. Don't remember where I read that. Will the copper infused benefits last the lifetime of the pillowcase?

The copper part does not wash out and is permanent as far as I know. I couldn't find anything that stated otherwise. The brand I got is Cloud 9 from ShopLC dot com. @beautybee

eta - I chose that one because it's a cotton blend and it was the only one I could find with a blend. I just cannot sleep on a 100% poly pillowcase and I have tried. Your experience may be different from mine.  I value my sleep more than trying to reduce the wrinkles on my face. I figure with a blend then I can experience the best of both worlds.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I would like to try it but it seems kind of expensive?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@isaboo

I think it's important to note that if you are not a side sleeper then these kinds of pillowcases may be worthless as far as wrinkle reduction is concerned. Their efficacy for wrinkle reduction is for crows feet mostly and that's because it's the part of the face which comes in contact while side-sleeping. If this is your concern and you are a side-sleeper then the pillowcases might work for you.

Another thing you may want to consider is whether or not you feel comfortable sleeping with a 100% polyester pillowcase. If not then I would not recommend buying the CB pillowcase...it's all poly.

eta- As for the high price of these things...I've looked around and most cost around the $50 mark for the 100% poly pillowcases. If you find one a lot cheaper then it's probably a blended material made with the copper fibers which is fine and that's what I prefer actually.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Geez, what will they come up with next?

@shaggygirl, the sky's the limit.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I did see that a few hours ago.  I really don't care for that couple at all plus listening to Kim Wells gets on my last nerve so I changed the channel.