Contributor

Re: Control spending and shopping stash

Beauty$Junkie, I agree about it being very hard to hit the cancel button on ADs.  It's strange.  I know I can get products again or elsewhere, but I'm giving up that special price and that's hard for me.  I have canceled a few and delayed a bunch till 10/1/15.  So far so good.

Angel Puppy, waiting a day or 2 does help me too.  I read somewhere to wait 24 hours to see if you still want it.  It's funny I asked my teenage kids to do that.  There's always some passing fad and if I say wait a day or so, they seem to be less interested and don't want it.  I try and do that, but sometimes temptation gets the better of me. 

sidsmom, I'm glad you like the color "honey"  it's my favorite.  I really like the look of mixing it with the color rendevous too. If I want it more coral or bright I go ligher on honey and heavier on rendevous and vice versa if I want a more natural look.

So I was on vacation for a week and a half.  We did spend a lot of money eating out and on entertainment type things.  My diet went to hell, so I need to get back on track with that.  I was pretty good with purchasing.  We were in Nashville and ended up at Opry Mills Mall a couple of times and I didn't go crazy.  I did get a copy of vera bradley tote bags that were 50% off.  One for my daughter for school and one for me for work.  I really didn't need them, but I carry a tote everyday and the shape and style were great.  So I had a little slip.  But no makeup/skincare so that's good. 

I will keep trying to use my stash.  I did finish a couple of things this past couple of weeks and that helps.

Esteemed Contributor

My problem is shower gels. I am a huge fan of Philosophy, Korres, and Perlier. I counted my shower gels a few days ago during the last Philosophy show trying to re-inforce to myself how I do not need anymore.

I was able to hold out but to my horror, I counted 50 bottles of all various scents and sizes. That was not counting the five that are currently open in my shower.  I am one person that is just  way too much. I do shower twice a day during the work week but still, too much. 

I am trying to negotiate with myself that I can't buy anymore until I have used at least half of my stash. I do not see that happening, but right now I am just trying to take it one month at a time.

Contributor

Philosophy seems to call to me too.  I've tried a lot and don't love the skin care.  I do go back to Purity and Micro delivery wash from time to time.  I do like those. 

The TSV last week did call out to me with the 12 shower gels.  I almost ordered it.  My favorite scent right now is Fresh Cream and I went on a shopping rampage a few months back and bought a ton of it in super size.  Again I didn't need as much as I bought but they were good deals so I caved.  I have been using this faithfully so I have used up a few super size shower gels, and lotions and even the body spray and perfume.  So at least it's not sitting and not being used.  I still have some in my stash so I was able to talk myself down from last weeks TSV ledge. 

I still have some of the FC on AD but delayed next shipments to after 10/1/15 my goal date.   I hope I can continue to hold out. 

Contributor

So I almost caved last night.  My skin drives me crazy some times.  I am 46 and still have breakouts which really frustrates me.  It's been bad the last couple of days and I was wondering if it was because I tried purity made simple again for a few days.  I went back to acne.org stuf and hope it helps.  I also started thinking about going back to bareminerals loose foundation.  I do this like every 3rd month or so. I love it a day or 3 and then start to think I need a change.  The concept of makeup not having a lot of ingredients and being good for me makes me try it again.  I used it today and like it alot.  We'll see how long that lasts.  But the temptation came in when I say a BM 3 piece complexion rescue gel, minveral veil and brush or like $40.  I started to think I needed this new stuff.  Mind you, I've tried the complexion rescue gel before and it was ok.  I didn't love it.  But I was tempted to try again with the new MV.  I ordered, then cancelled almost immediately.  I pulled out my Bm stash again and used today.  I have a lot to go through, so I need to tell myself I don't need anything new.

Contributor

So I've been able to control myself with beauty purchases this week, but have been tempted a number of times.  I'm not happy with my skin.  I can't stand I still breakout at 46.  I think that is another reason for my shopping.  I'm trying to find a perfect product.  It's like my white whale.  I search and search hoping to find the one and nothing ever seems to work consistently.  I've been using BareMinerals this week and I love it in the morning but look old and tired by the end of the day.  The one thing that seems to last recently for me that doesn't break the bank is Cover Girl outlast 3-1 original.  But I worry sometimes it looks a little heavy.  I can't say it does or doesn't contribute to my breakouts.  I just know that once I have a breakout, I start to second guess all of my beauty items.   I almost ordered a few things this week to try, but was able to stop myself.  I guess that's progress.