Honored Contributor

I'm sitting here "contemplating" my hair.  I have a 2PM appt for a cut.  It's been six weeks and it's beginnng to look raggy, and I need to consult with her on slight style change.

I lighten my hair to camouflage the gray. Dark roots are showing so I'm going to color it when I get home after the haircut.

I think I may stop coloring it when I turn 80.  That gives me a few more years to "contemplate."

Honored Contributor

Re: Contemplating my hair ..

I have a hair appt at that time too---my third one in about 2 weeks-------Went to a new person and she did a horrible job the first time---went back  to her a few days later and she botched it up again!!! Going to a different place today. And may call the manager at the first place to talk to her. My original girl left me .....  after 15 years--so have been trying to fine a new someone. I color my hair too but will wait to see if there is any hair left to color. It will have to be cut short to fix everything. So mad!!!

Esteemed Contributor

i never contemplated.....started to go gray in my 30's.....never colored....have always loved my salt & pepper.....mostly salt now at 68!

Valued Contributor

I don't color my hair either.  It 's too damaging.  Since I stopped coloring, my hair has grown longer and thicker.  It was a great trade off.

Regular Contributor

Same issues so I just canceled my six week hair appointment. Don’t know when I’m going to make another one. 🙂🐥
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I'm sitting here "contemplating" my hair.  I have a 2PM appt for a cut.  It's been six weeks and it's beginnng to look raggy, and I need to consult with her on slight style change.

I lighten my hair to camouflage the gray. Dark roots are showing so I'm going to color it when I get home after the haircut.

I think I may stop coloring it when I turn 80.  That gives me a few more years to "contemplate."

If I live to be 100, I will stop coloring my hair (maybe). I doubt I will live anywhere near that number so I will continue to stay blonde. My hair improves with hair dye. It has more body and shine and contributes to my feeling happier when I look in the mirror...

Honored Contributor

I have an appointment next week and it's about all I can do to not take scissors to this myself or go into a walk-in place.  I called my salon and thought perhaps by chance she may have a sooner opening but I cannot go until after 5:00 and the 2 opening are during the day.  Smiley Sad

I am in the midst of growning out my hair from a one side shorter than the other cut.  I didn't want her to match sides last time but now I'm ready and of course I want it done this minute.  I cannot stand my hair at this point. 

My hair grows at a snails pace so I know when I get the one side cut short to match the other, I'm going to be mad because I want the short side longer like the other, not the other way around.  ROFLOL

I was very, very close to buying the TDO wig Saturday presented on QVC but I didn't like the colors offered.   

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  It's always good to go online and search short haircuts.  Once you find one that you like, print it and take to the hair salon.  I always do this.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ALRATIBA  It's always good to go online and search short haircuts.  Once you find one that you like, print it and take to the hair salon.  I always do this.

@Katcat1. I do the same thing. After so many years of changing from short to long to in between and add straight or curly to each length, I have accumulated 2 files of photos to choose from. Lol 😝 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1

I just got back. This is my fourth cut by this hairdresser.  I had seen her work on others around here and she does some great cuts.  That's how I found her.

I've worn my hair short for years and years.  It's just a matter of whether the layers are longer or shorter, whether my ears are covered or uncovered.  Last haircut had longer layers and covered my ears (winter look) .. but when my hair brushed against my hearing aids, t was annoying.  

I have wavy hair ... we did short layers all over and let the hair do its wavy thing, and cut out around the ears.  Turned out great.  It's breezy here this afternoon and I had a six block walk home from salon .... it looks better after it's been windblown! 

There was a woman in the chair when I got there.  She was probably in her 50s.  She had her hair cut into a crew cut with a bit longer on top.  The cut was fabulous on her!  Very attractive woman ... she rocked the look!