Trusted Contributor

Re: Consult Beauty

[ Edited ]
I watched one of the presentations yesterday. The host asked Dr. Terry if it was the caffeine in the eye cream that addressed the undereye area so well and he stated no, it was because "it contains retinyl palmitate which is a derivative of Retin-A."

I checked out the ingredient deck. I see caffeine, but no retinyl palmitate. Am I overlooking it?
INGREDIENTS:
Water, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycol Distearate, Polyacrylamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Seed Extract, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Potassium Sorbate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, PEG-40 Stearate, Squalane, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycerin, Caffeine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trihydroxystearin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, Glyceryl Hydroxystearate, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid,Coffea Arabica Fruit Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Pentalyene Glycol, Caramel, Iron Oxide.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

@catlover wrote:

I bought the eye cream too-those darn hollows are terrible-make you look awful and tired!

If this works-it truly is a "miracle" product!!!!!!!!

Catlover, have you tried Isomers Redensify eye cream? It's supposed to work on those hollows.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Consult Beauty

[ Edited ]

@lyn in MI wrote:
I watched one of the presentations yesterday. The host asked Dr. Terry if it was the caffeine in the eye cream that addressed the undereye area so well and he stated no, it was because "it contains retinyl palmitate which is a derivative of Retin-A."

I checked out the ingredient deck. I see caffeine, but no retinyl palmitate. Am I overlooking it?
INGREDIENTS:
Water,GlycerylStearate, PEG-100Stearate,GlycineSoja (Soybean) Oil,GlycolDistearate,Polyacrylamide,SodiumHyaluronate,AmorphophallusKonjac Root Powder,SodiumChondroitin Sulfate,Atelocollagen,TriticumVulgare (Wheat) Seed Extract,C13-14Isoparaffin,Laureth-7,AcetylHexapeptide-8,PotassiumSorbate,Cetyl Alcohol,Methylparaben,Ethylparaben,Propylparaben,Butylparaben,Isobutylparaben, PEG-40Stearate,Squalane,Stearyl Alcohol,GlycerylOleate, Glycerin, Caffeine,ButyrospermumParkii (Shea Butter),EthylhexylPalmitate,Trihydroxystearin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, AluminumStarchOctenylsuccinate, Paraffin,Microcrystalline Wax,GlycerylHydroxystearate,Panthenol,Tocopheryl Acetate,CitrusAurantiumBergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil,TetrasodiumEDTA,Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid,CoffeaArabica Fruit Extract,PentaerythritylTetraisostearate,SilicaDimethylSilylate,Pentalyene Glycol, Caramel, Iron Oxide.

No, you are not overlooking it, it isn't in this ingredient deck. That would do it for me. It is one thing not to remember all the ingredients in a formula, but to claim something else is in which isn't.... especially touting it as the overriding active ingredient...well, that tells me he doesn't know what he is selling. He is after all riding on his MD to sell his products.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I watched Dubrow and could not resist ordering their eye cream. He is the only one I've heard address the hollowness under the eye, so I will give it a go. I wouldn't jump in with anything else until I see the results of the eyecream. He also is the one of the few that talks about volumn and that be the key to aging instead of fine lines and wrinkles. The face collapses.

I've got a lot of Skinn's DWP, but I'm never l00% satisfied nor ever stop looking. I do take Andrew's Marine Collegen powder. I'm eager to hear reviews on the Marine Collegen caps. I've taken AL's Marine Collagen for months with little impressive notings.

I, too, like the Dubrow's "simplicity" in skin care. Dimitri targets everything and has so many products, and I would like a more simple skin care, with as good results of course.

I'm a skin care junkie and try everything that catches my eye. With so much up-to-date improvements, I don't consider it disloyal to anyone to try what I like.

I added MCP to my longtime HHS&N supplement a few months ago (I think it was April). I really did not expect to see any improvement over what I get with HHS&N. I was surprised to discover my nails are even stronger & resistant to breaking than with HHS&N alone. 

HHS&N was the only thing that helped my awful nails at all years ago. They would break, split, etc. Just awful. And the original formual did not work on me. It was when he added more ingredients and increased amounts of some of them that I decided to try it again & loved the results. So, that the MCP makes an additional improvement is saying a lot. I also see more new hair growth & faster growth. I need a trim! lol...

It did take longer to see the results than I expected. But they were there. By the time I noticed the hair it was long enough I was shocked that I had not noticed it before. It sure stuck out enough. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@June2 wrote:
Doesn't this TV reality plastic surgeon make enough money without pushing another boring over priced beauty line?

lol

ITA

He seems to sell like a "snake oil salesman".  His wife is fairly aggressive too.  

I'm not too interested.  I actually cosidered his Hair, skin and nails product as Lessman's makes my scalp itch terribly.  His probalby would too.

Has anyone tried that product?

His porobably would, his ingredients and Lessmans are very similar.

Thanks!  I assumed it would do the same.  I guess I could try as I have a 30 day return policy, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

The eye cream has 5 parabens right up in the middle of the ingredient deck, doesnt Dr Terry know better than that???

Thanks for pointing that out.  I almost considered it.  

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@June2 wrote:
Doesn't this TV reality plastic surgeon make enough money without pushing another boring over priced beauty line?

lol

ITA

He seems to sell like a "snake oil salesman".  His wife is fairly aggressive too.  

I'm not too interested.  I actually cosidered his Hair, skin and nails product as Lessman's makes my scalp itch terribly.  His probalby would too.

Has anyone tried that product?

That's why all these lines are so successful.  Everybody strikes everybody differently.  One vendor gets torn to shreds for having too many products in their line while another is praised for all the different selections.  To me, Dimitri is the king of snake oil salesmen and has struck me that way since his HSN days, yet others love him.   

In answer to your question, I have not tried the hair, skin and nails product, but have some of the skincare.  I use Perricone when I do use the hair, skin and nails type stuff.

Thanks

Contributor
Skincare products are so individualized. Consult Beaute is the best line I've ever tried. I used the gazillion little bottles from Isomers for years and years. My skin liked those products, they never irritated my sensitive skin. However, I kept buying more and more, as it seems every visit by Manuela she had something "new and better".

The Consult Beaute line has given me almost instant results, and I ordered more today. My skin is glowing in a way it never has, it's brighter, and the jowls that were bothering me have definitely tightened.i know it may not be for everyone, and that's fine. I just wanted to share my good experience. I'm very thrilled with my skin...
Honored Contributor

Why was Heather wearing pajamas to kick off the TTV? 

I have no interest in this line.  I'm not a big fan of his, I think the demonstrations and presentations are severely lacking and I really, really dislike Heather and don't feel she adds anything.  He needs to do the show and leave her at home.    

Respected Contributor

I have to agree and normally I just don't care.... but, he should have done this skin care on his own or with a "outside"  spokesperson with him but leave Heather at home, her with him makes it fake, maybe cause the show she is on is fake, I think he would get more credit if it was just him, she just stands there and stares into the camera at times, i really can't watch just becasue of her but I do like him, he seems like a good Dr.