Trusted Contributor

I can't get beyond the depth of information and teaching that Manuela (Isomers) and Dimitri (Skinn) offer me, and also Andrew Lessamn (vitamins), all who I have been loyal to for so many years, to jump ship yet.

Dr Dubrow is credible as a plastic surgeon for sure, but for him to be jumping into the skin care market is too much of a leap for me. The repeat of the word "proprietary formula" does not make me comfortable, especially when Manuela/Dimitri/Andrew focus on EXACTLY what is in their products.

I would want to know who is actually creating this product. Dr Dubrow is well versed, so he is clearly 'involved' in the making of this line. But I still fall back to the thought that a plastic surgeon is trained to be a plastic surgeon. Not a skin care manufacturer. Someone else is 'developing the formula', I want to know more about 'who'.

Andrew L. is also on-air today, and to listen to his teachings of his Biotin.....what it does, how much we need, how fresh his vitamins are, he is the manufacturer, he sources the best quality ingredients etc.,  I can't make that leap from him either. Dr Dubrow is offering a Biotin, but I know exactly what I am getting from Andrew. Dr Dubrow professing he chose "the finest manufacturing plant in the country" to make his vitamins made me want to run back to Andrew's Biotin (Healthy hair,skin,nails).

Consult Beaute picked a terrible weekend to launch a TTV. Dimitri is coming in next week-end, and Andrew is here (HSN) this week-end. Manuela will be on this month also, she usually shows up right after Dimitri.

There is not enough intrigue to draw me to Consult Beaute just because to are repeating the buzz word "volumanin" over and over and over. That word is their marketing 'draw', but I am not totally on board with that idea yet.

Also, as a word of caution to those who are gluten free, that liquid drink he is selling has WHEAT in the ingredient deck. He is not stating it is gluten free, so he is safe legally, but he is also not warning that it is NOT gluten free.

Honored Contributor

I have never tried anything from this line. I really shouldn't buy any skincare products! Anyway I'm saving my money for Dimitri next weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched Dubrow and could not resist ordering their eye cream. He is the only one I've heard address the hollowness under the eye, so I will give it a go. I wouldn't jump in with anything else until I see the results of the eyecream. He also is the one of the few that talks about volumn and that be the key to aging instead of fine lines and wrinkles. The face collapses.

I've got a lot of Skinn's DWP, but I'm never l00% satisfied nor ever stop looking. I do take Andrew's Marine Collegen powder. I'm eager to hear reviews on the Marine Collegen caps. I've taken AL's Marine Collagen for months with little impressive notings.

I, too, like the Dubrow's "simplicity" in skin care. Dimitri targets everything and has so many products, and I would like a more simple skin care, with as good results of course.

I'm a skin care junkie and try everything that catches my eye. With so much up-to-date improvements, I don't consider it disloyal to anyone to try what I like.

Honored Contributor

Re: Consult Beauty

[ Edited ]

I bought the eye cream too-those darn hollows are terrible-make you look awful and tired!

If this works-it truly is a "miracle" product!!!!!!!!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, there's nothing more aging I think and am always working on them. If it works on the eyes, I'm in for more, b/c he just might have something here! Keep your fingers crossed for by-bye hollows! 8)

Trusted Contributor
Doesn't this TV reality plastic surgeon make enough money without pushing another boring over priced beauty line?
Honored Contributor

@June2 wrote:
Doesn't this TV reality plastic surgeon make enough money without pushing another boring over priced beauty line?

lol

ITA

He seems to sell like a "snake oil salesman".  His wife is fairly aggressive too.  

I'm not too interested.  I actually cosidered his Hair, skin and nails product as Lessman's makes my scalp itch terribly.  His probalby would too.

Has anyone tried that product?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

The eye cream has 5 parabens right up in the middle of the ingredient deck, doesnt Dr Terry know better than that???

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@June2 wrote:

lol

ITA

He seems to sell like a "snake oil salesman".  His wife is fairly aggressive too.  

I'm not too interested.  I actually cosidered his Hair, skin and nails product as Lessman's makes my scalp itch terribly.  His probalby would too.

That's why all these lines are so successful.  Everybody strikes everybody differently.  One vendor gets torn to shreds for having too many products in their line while another is praised for all the different selections.  To me, Dimitri is the king of snake oil salesmen and has struck me that way since his HSN days, yet others love him.   

In answer to your question, I have not tried the hair, skin and nails product, but have some of the skincare.  I use Perricone when I do use the hair, skin and nails type stuff.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@June2 wrote:

lol

ITA

His porobably would, his ingredients and Lessmans are very similar.