Trusted Contributor

Consult Beauty Terry said What?

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

turning the channel, landed on ShopHQ, saw and heard Terry while taking a Beet break during surgery. 

Being an RN I notice medical things on shows, people in the medical field, or any field, notice things aren't right  when watching a movie / tv.  

!st-

I noticed the nurse had her mask on incorrectly; tied wrong and it was gaping open on the side,  and NOT wearing gloves, her hand is against, or very close to an operating Dr.s' scrubs, actually should not be in there without gloves period.

I really hope he was fudging the truth- saying he was in an operation,  and it was not a real operation.

2nd.

he said " around 10 o'clock in the morning when surgery starts to get a little hard,  when most people want a coffee break, this is when my nurse says 'you want some beets', she lifts up my mask -he then motions where his patient is lying beside him,   then says, " then what happens is, in about 10 minutes all of a sudden I START TO FIGURE OUT THE SURGERY."

eh, ah, um.......yikes!

I've never heard, nor seen, a surgeon say what he said,  or go against protocol in their OR. It's their patient's life, and the surgeon's license on the line.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

Re: Consult Beauty Terry said What?

Sounds like satire to me, although I didn't see it.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I  wouldn't have taken it seriously or believed what he said, he's selling a product and sometime with all vendors, the truth gets lost in the sales pitch.  I work in healthcare too and that's why I can't watch medical shows.  Omg!  The absolute foolishness and misinformation in them drives me so crazy that I can't keep up with the ridiculous story lines.  Of course, I'm picking up on things that someone who does not have my experience and skill set would not even notice.  That "figure out the surgery" made me laugh.  Isn't that what we all want, a surgeon who doesn't know what the bleep he's doing....until he drinks his beet juice....LOL  

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 

I did not see it but it is just marketing; he is saying what he thinks will get people to buy his beet powder (or whatever powder he is pushing at the moment).

Honored Contributor

He shows that same clip with his nurse every time the beets are presented. 

Honored Contributor

He and his wife make me cringe---I would never take anything he says seriously and would never buy any of his junk----don't

watch his tv show or hers for that matter and would never pad his bank account with my hard earned money------

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

He and his wife make me cringe---I would never take anything he says seriously and would never buy any of his junk----don't

watch his tv show or hers for that matter and would never pad his bank account with my hard earned money------

Amen,sister!!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

He is a joke. I hear him say things that are incorrect all the time.. Like confusing Milligrams and Micrograms while selling supplements and telling people wrong information... this  makes for a BAD DOCTOR. 

Honored Contributor

If he is such a hotshot surgeon why does he spend 80% of his time hawking something or other?  I wouldn't buy a thing from them or darken his office door.  

Respected Contributor

Many years ago, when my mother had surgery, I was waiting for her to get out of surgery and right in the middle of surgery, I see the anesthesiologist walking down the hall. That made me a nervous wreck realizing he was not in the OR with my mom.