Respected Contributor

Consult Beaute and Dr. Dubrow

I enjoy watching him a little on Evine.  His wife is another story!  I could do without her.

So I came across his show, "Botched" two nights ago.  It was an episode that had a young man who wanted his ears changed to elf ears (not kidding).

As part of this show, it showed Dr. Dubrow in a patient exam chair with another doctor giving him filler injections.  I don't know why this was included in the show.

My first thought was you have a line of skin care products called "Volumagen," that is supposed to address that!  To be fair, he doesn't really use himself as a subject or demo that I have seen.  He has used his wife as a subject to demo products.

While I don't get upset at cosmetic surgery (as you still need skin care), filler injections just hit me the wrong way when you are selling stuff!

Anyone see this episode or thoughts?

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Consult Beaute and Dr. Dubrow

I really enjoy watching Dr. Dubrow and Dr. Nassif on Botched.  They interact well with the patients and both seem to have a genuine care for each one of them.

Honored Contributor

Topical products for skin care are one solution, injections are another.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Topical products can only do so much, no matter what is promised.

Sometimes injections are indicated.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I really enjoy watching Dr. Dubrow and Dr. Nassif on Botched.  They interact well with the patients and both seem to have a genuine care for each one of them.

@San Antonio Gal! I really enjoy reading comments from people who are seeing our world through the prizm or positivity. Heart

Respected Contributor

While some will argue his products are “gimmicky”, I do think he’s a very talented surgeon. Would never take that away from him. 

Honored Contributor

If someone insists on fillers or surgery, after a consult with him then that is what they want.  He's a plastic surgeon.  We all have choices and for me no way on the fillers or surgery so I choose to use quality products that maybe do not give the same results but for me looking the best I can without all that works for me!  I do use and have great results from many of their products!  I can see where if you start using his products at a younger age you can  keep wrinkles, etc at bay but if you already have deep wrinkles - well no  products are magic but you can often still get great results.

It's like all elective surgeries - you have a choice.   I had a torn meniscus and the ortho surgeon said that while many are ok with therapy to strengthen your leg muscles and don't want surgery, others who are more active want the best results and choose surgery to get the torn area shaved down to prevent it catching. It's about choices. 

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003saw it too watch the show when I happen to catch very late at night..older ones and see a lot. I enjoy them...it's comdey/and real medical proedcures so that is real so right up my alley.

I feel they sell these filler like products for the women and men who don't have the money or are scared to try fillers or just do not think it's good for people to use them. So they market these type products

Many drs. like Brandt, PTR had something and a slew of others sell this type of product ..much is simply to make us feel better or like we are gonna get a close enough result and maybe it will help them a tad.

Maybe more.

I enjoy his teaching and being a nurse but motsly having my sister a dr. she explains things as he does and it's very good (like the supplements) and physiology of the body etc.

I think some of the products and supplements are indeed a must in our diet.

His wife wears the pants and he loves it...very equal IMO.

I like both drs and any kind of show like this.

Used to be that Dr Rey who was full of himself -yuk!

But these guys have become much more unpretentious and that's why I like them....now. Not years ago on that show they all had.

Seemed to LA $$, new rich kind of thing and all were self absorbed.. gaudy braggers as well...forget the show! .

Have yet to buy from the Dubrow's (they really are quite a team) on HSN although the products look quite good to me. I will run the beets thing past my sister who loves to LOL at some links I send her as she sells so much at her office and it's like the best of the best (oral supplements/mixes).

His wife is very out front and a seller for sure...if he has a prenup with her as the 2nd wife well this is her copmany too I'm sure she's very much into it! duh.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

I've never tried his products but something about him makes me trust they would be of the highest quality. However, what a stupid name for them (imo). Is it pronounced Bee-u-tay or Bowtay or what?

Honored Contributor

I use the Consulte Beaute tinted moisturizer and concealer and both are fabulous. I also use some of their vitamins (Hair, Nails and Skin are the BEST on the market, hands down) along with Dr. Perricone's; wouldn't change this for all the money in the world.

Not everyone can use fillers or injectables and anyone that says you can is a liar and a crook. Do the research regarding auto-immune diseases and these products and you'll begin to gain a deeper understanding of the severe (deadly for many of us) risks involved. I'm one of those that can't use them and not one high-ranking/highly respected PS will touch me. The Medi-spas? "Oh, it's just FINE. Don't worry!". Yeah, ok. *runs away as fast as I can*

Remember as well that fillers and injectables are TEMPORARY and therefore expensive over the long term. It's the smart patient that ALSO uses excellent quality skincare that reinforces and assists to maintain the effects of the procedures. The doctors are smart to offer both to their patients.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy watching Botched when I can catch it.  If I ever needed some serious plastic surgery I would want him to do it.  But agree about his wife on Evine, I would prefer she not be there.