Esteemed Contributor

Re: Consult Beaute Upcoming Shows on Evine (Friday August 17)

[ Edited ]

@sfrangu wrote:

The only thing with their list of ingredients is that it has no ratios, so anything goes.

Not sure about general industry's standards regarding ratios @sfrangu, but I know, many companies consider their exact formulas to be their property, or so called - "proprietory information".

"Proprietary Information Law and Legal Definition

Proprietary information is sensitive information that is owned by a company and which gives the company certain competitive advantages. Proprietary information assets are critical to the success of many, perhaps most businesses. The importance of this property, while too often not yet “formally valued” by many companies, is highly valuable in today’s highly competitive global marketplace."

Honored Contributor

@sfrangu wrote:

The only thing with their list of ingredients is that it has no ratios, so anything goes.

@sfrangu, regarding cleansers, anything gentle and without sulfates is good by me. I recommend CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. The Caviar cleanser doesn't have sulfates so it seems fine.

Regarding ratios. No cosmetic company lists ingredient ratios for their products. Those would be considered proprietary trade secrets. Competitiors could perfectly dupe Creme de La Mer or La Prairie with that info.

Sometimes a brand will let it be known that they use a clinically tested, or above, percentage of one particular active ingredient, like Matrixyl, just to make sure they get credit for it and to inform interested consumers.

It's all complicated. I would recommend learning more about cosmetics ingredients labeling since you are interested. It's fascinating. The 1% rule and order of predominance are key. Here's a link to a good resource: https://www.makingcosmetics.com/Labeling-of-Cosmetics_ep_67.html

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the link @Porcelain!  Bookmarked it.Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, @Porcelain! That’s a great resource.

i was thinking of some cosmetic products that are “medicated”, having not only plant extracts in them but also powerful synthetic chemicals, and the concentration of the main ingredient is usually provided, so you know how much you use. For example, the retinol products will state the retinol ratio. Btw, I love Peter Thomas Roth’s retinol, it works great for me but it’s also a pretty high ratio. 

So I thought, since Terry Dubrow is a doctor, he should know to inform his customers of the concentration of at least the main (2-3) ingredient/s.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I try a lot of products. I currently use a number of Isomers products. I don't really "see" a difference (maybe because my skin is in pretty good shape as is), but I assume they are working to reduce future aging (or the appearance of aging). I will continue to use them. 

I purchased the Consult Beaute Xterna-Q Topical Co-Enzyme Q10 Universal Anti-Aging Serum the last time CB was featured in July. I cannot pinpoint what seems better, but my skin looks, imo, better since I added the Q10 product. This is an amazing declaration for me because it has been a very, very long time since I have found anything that I think makes my skin actually look better.

I am not wading into the ingredient discussion. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I like this serum too, @ElvisShops. It is my favorite product from CB line.

Frequent Contributor

Oh, what did you do to me? I bought stuff during the event... again, and went over budget. Value pays help doing that, of course. Smiley Wink Cannot wait to get them home now, and I know it takes for-e-veeeer! 

Honored Contributor

I purchased the tinted moisturizer (which I won't use as a moisturizer but as a sheer foundation) and the concealer after watching her video on YouTube. I also want to try her lip glosses (not out yet). I love the Hair and Nail vitamins as well as the protein powder and few other nutritional items. 

Skincare I haven't tried.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I purchased the tinted moisturizer (which I won't use as a moisturizer but as a sheer foundation) and the concealer after watching her video on YouTube. I also want to try her lip glosses (not out yet). I love the Hair and Nail vitamins as well as the protein powder and few other nutritional items. 

Skincare I haven't tried.

@SahmIam - have you tried the primo beets? 

Honored Contributor

@FLGators I ordered the TS in the blueberry which includes the fizzy tablets of green vegis.

I use Perricones (they come in little travel packets) and LOVE them. Take the berry as my breakfast "juice" and the green in the afternoon. The Consult ones are much cheaper in the TS but you have to scoop it out; that's fine.

So far I've been impressed with their health products. The only one I didn't care for was the Collagen shots. Great idea but the Ice Tea flavor was just ok.