Honored Contributor

Re: Consult Beaute TTV 1/12 - 1/13

The Dubrows are touting that their sonic device is more hygienic than those with brushes, brushes can get that slimy, mildew feeling , they also said the charge will last for a month or more.

Honored Contributor

I have the Clarisonic and the silicone type the Debrows are hawking---NEVER has my sonic brush EVER gotten nasty and slimy -EVER. It is pristine and I like it much better. The other one does last a long time--months-- on a charge. AND you can buy a prefect knock off on AMZ--no s/h cost. 

Honored Contributor

I can not stand to look at or listen to this couple.... what a bunch of money hungry phonies.

Trusted Contributor

The charge on the knockoff I got for $12 from TJ Maxx lasts for more than a month. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can not stand to look at or listen to this couple.... what a bunch of money hungry phonies.

What would be the motivation for someone to post such a meanspirited judgmental comment? Jealousy?  Looking for attention? Taking the thread off track? 

Cosmetic/beauty companies are 'for profit'. This brand seems to be doing well with repeat customers,  expanding the line and reasonable price points. Nothing phony about that!

I think this TTV is an excellent offer! 

Good for them & us! Soooo many options for consumers Heart 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Any interest? I have another brand of the Sonic Cleansing Tool.  I like it but I don't use it  as much as I do a face brushcb.jpg

This sure looks like a great value.  I watched the video - 8 speeds too, wow! 

I'm very tempted, but I bought this Nion tool at Evine during the holiday event, it was $40 plus they offered a 20% off coupon, so final price was $32.

It works great. Wish it had a rechargeable battery. I've been using Clarisonic, thought I would wait until it went kaput, but it's still going strong 7 yrs+ Woman Surprised Woman Very Happy I have 2 brush heads left and I think that's when I will stop. Now I alternate with the Nion.

Those purchasing the TTV today, please post reviews about the device and the cleanser.  

Nion Beauty Opus Daily Silicone Facial Cleansing Device - 313-700

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

Any interest? I have another brand of the Sonic Cleansing Tool.  I like it but I don't use it  as much as I do a face brushcb.jpg

This sure looks like a great value.  I watched the video - 8 speeds too, wow! 

I'm very tempted, but I bought this Nion tool at Evine during the holiday event, it was $40 plus they offered a 20% off coupon, so final price was $32.

It works great. Wish it had a rechargeable battery. I've been using Clarisonic, thought I would wait until it went kaput, but it's still going strong 7 yrs+ Woman Surprised Woman Very Happy I have 2 brush heads left and I think that's when I will stop. Now I alternate with the Nion.

Those purchasing the TTV today, please post reviews about the device and the cleanser.  

Nion Beauty Opus Daily Silicone Facial Cleansing Device - 313-700

@Chi-town girl- I think I'm going to get this kit but I don't believe the cleansing tool is worth anywhere near $99.  I already have a cheapy Foreo Luna Mini dupe that I picked up on Amazon so this tool will be a back up.  The dupe I currently own has outlived my genuine Foreo Luna Mini that bit the dust after just a year, and I paid over $100 for it.  The dupe continues to work for long time on a charge too...at least 4 months, probably a bit longer, and I used it AM and PM.  There are several shapes of sonic silicone cleansing tools, but the technology is the same.  You can also adjust the speed ot your preference.  The cleanser has a 4.6 rating from 96 reviews so I'll give it a try.  I'm adding on the polishing product too.  I found it interesting that only a pea size amount is require and then it gets mixed with the cleanser.  I was surprised to see Heather D. use the cleansing tool with the face polish, though.  It's my understanding that it shouldn't be used with any gritty, silicone based or clay based cleansers.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - I remember you posting about that Foreo dupe. I almost bought it, but I've been waiting to use up my clarisonic. I can't believe my clarisonic is still going Woman LOL

Then in Dec I watched Heather's beauty show during the 20% off coupon event and they presented the Nion, so she got me Woman LOL 

If not for that purchase, I would buy the Consult TTV. Doesn't make financial sense for me to return the Nion so I will use her up Woman LOL

I agree... $99 for a Foreo type device, overpriced. Wonder how Foreo is going to respond. Did their patent just expire? The Consult device looks exactly like Foreo.

You are always a reliable beauty source, great reviews & recommendations.  I hope you love it!!! 

Trusted Contributor

I was tempted, but got the Regenerol set instead. I still have my Foreo (mini).

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - I forgot to add...about that Consult exfoliate,  it looks like it could be a dupe for La Mer Refining Facial. I used LM before my Evine Skinn experience. It's pricey at $100, but it lasted a looong time.

Just a pea sized amt. Very very fine structure to it, nothing like DermAppeal,  but similar results.  I can see how it can be used with cleanser and the device

_5871464.jpg