Trusted Contributor

Re: Consult Beaute, Heather Dubrow

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mimi NY wrote:

Sorry to hear that ,heard her say that Dr. Terry got his first shot and because she is younger was waiting her turn, but know from listening to her podcast I know that after Christmas her son came home from a ski trip with it and then recently she said her daughter Kat was quarantining herself and Heather was saying she was just putting food outside the bedroom door

BUT THEN 

I did hear Heather talk about her Birthday Party she threw for herself  recently at her home and thought so many of us had to not have birthdays,graduations,weddings,holiday gatherings and even funerals ,so think it is selfish to celebrate her birthday with friends

Yes, throwing a party during this pandemic is reckless and irresponsible @Mimi NY .   Those attending the party are equally reckless.   I don't get it.

I personally think that some people may be thinking that if they do get it, it may just be a more mild case of the virus, from what they've seen or heard.

However, while that may be true for some, it's not true for all, as we're seeing. Some dear souls are ending up horribly ill in hospitals and on ventilators, and with long-term effects afterwards where their lungs or other organs may be damaged.

An analogy can also be like getting a cold virus, where some get a really mild cold for a few days, and some of us can get the same virus and have it turn into a case of bronchitis or pneumonia.

I also personally tend to think that there are those people who may not truly understand how illnesses are spread, or they may just be those who live "in the moment," and then they'll take their chances and wait and see what happens later.

Honored Contributor

I don't follow Heather on social media but periodically I do go look.  I didn't see anything on her Instagram about a birthday party.  Maybe she was smart enough not to post photos?  Or maybe she posted a story and since I don't follow her, I didn't see it.

But there is a lovely (being sarcastic) photo of her family on New Year's Eve, all wearing matching pj's that say "Eff 2020" on the back, including her youngest.  And one of her children is facing the camera and flipping the bird to it.  So much for Heather and all her class.

Maybe she invited the rest of the Covid denying OC ladies to help her celebrate. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Does it really matter how a person gets infected with covid??Woman Frustrated  It just happens to the best of us.

@SilleeMee , I'm having a very hard time at this point mustering up any sympathy for people who are being irresponsible and end up with Covid.  Sorry.  

Not saying that's what she did, just saying in general.  

Honored Contributor

@nonnied 

Yep, you can do everything right...stay home, wash your hands, wear masks, grocery pickup, take your husband's temp when he walks thru the door after work, Vit C, Zinc, D3 and still get it (sigh).  My husband never did have a fever but I got it from him.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Does it really matter how a person gets infected with covid??Woman Frustrated  It just happens to the best of us.

@SilleeMee , I'm having a very hard time at this point mustering up any sympathy for people who are being irresponsible and end up with Covid.  Sorry.  

@Lipstickdiva 

I understand. Unless I was there then I can't say whatever was done can be called 'irresponsible'. Even when people do all the right things they can still get infected. I know I did and I did everything in the book correctly. Sometimes I feel like people are judging me as a reckless person just because I got covid and that is so far from the truth. I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people judge someone's behavior when it comes to getting covid. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I understand. Unless I was there then I can't say whatever was done can be called 'irresponsible'. Even when people do all the right things they can still get infected. I know I did and I did everything in the book correctly. Sometimes I feel like people are judging me as a reckless person just because I got covid and that is so far from the truth. I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people judge someone's behavior when it comes to getting covid. 

@SilleeMee , I should have said that I don't know how Heather got this.  Maybe she too did everything right.  

I just know someone personally who was a big denier and even went so far as to lie about a medical condition so he didn't have to wear a mask.  Never took any precautions because no one was going to tell him what to do.  And guess who ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia from Covid after going to crowded bars week in and week out?  And guess who was all over FB asking for prayers and telling everyone how real it was? 

I certainly wanted him to get well but at that point, I just had to shake my head.       

Trusted Contributor

Even those who contract Covid and have mild, cold like symptoms aren't in the clear as they have the same high risk long term effects ..pulmonary embolisms (multiple blood clots in the lungs) stroke, neurological effects, cardiac, amputations, ...mild  symptoms does not mean one is mildy affected longterm. 

I've actually heard people say they want to get Covid ..they think they'll be immune forever, even if you contract it and are immune for whatever length of time ,and that depends on one's own immunity, as some are immune for a few weeks to months, but at some point, it ends,  however because you have anitbodies you still can transmit to others.

I've heard people tell of holiday get-togethers of out state guests, mulitple states, week long visits, 10+ people, 

no masks, no pretesting, all ages...people in my neighborhood get together a few nights a week, ....it's unbelievable, but me hearing and seeing it...I know it's happening.

My daughter contracted it, she works in a hospital, my son contracted it, he's a teacher. I have another daughter who is also a teacher and a daughter who's a counselor at a University.

I'm terrified for them.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

I also was told about a few cases where the person recovered and several months later got a relapse.  Yesterday my friend told me of someone she knows personally who had to rush their daughter to the hospital for breathing issues.  She had COVID months prior and had recovered (or thought she had).  This newest issue was a direct result of that. 

I think you have to be serious and responsible and not take this as lighthearted as some do.   I would never tell people how to live their lives, and understand that the isolation and limitations are very difficult for many.....  however...  that does not minimize the risk you take when you drop your guard.  

I wish everyone good health and the same for those they love.  Please stay safe.

Super Contributor

I thought I heard Dr. Dubrow say his son brought the virus home and some of his other kids also came down with the virus and then his wife. Wishing them all well..
Super Contributor

It kind of matters to me  ....I'm trying to do my part and follow the rules and I would like to think that is helping the bigger cause.