Honored Contributor

Re: Considering Baby Grace for Upcoming TSV, Help with this Scent!

Baby Grace is a favorite of mine. The scent is soft, and clean. I would not buy the upcoming TSV in a scent I had never tried. There is a single 8 ounce whipped body creme on QVC that you could try. I love BG, AG, FIL, UL. BG is a scent you would just need to smell yourself, as we all like different smells, plus our body chemistry affects the dry down. I hope you get to try BG.
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite scents are PG and UL. I too wanted to try BG, so I ordered this TSV and have used it twice so far. The scent is very light in the body scrub, in fact I would say that you can't really smell it until you apply the Body Cream and then it's almost too strong. It's a very feminine scent. However, to my nose it smells overly floral which I am not a fan of. It's not bad enough to return, but it was my first and last purchase of BG.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Baby. It reminds me of something from my childhood but not sure what.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

i agree w/ tissyanne-- it's soft and clean. i'd add sweet to that description but not like a foodie or candy sort of sweet. a clean, simple sweet floral. it's kinda hard to describe. i think the products in this tsv deliver the scent more intensely than other bg products (like the 3-in-1, lotion, or the spray fragrance) so you still might want to try some other iterations of the fragrance to find one that delivers the scent in a strength that isn't too intense if you find you kinds like the scent but these products seem too strong. i find that baby grace products are the longest lasting of any philosophy scents for me (except maybe eg). like, the body spritz and the spray fragrance really last all day on me so when i use the edp i use it more sparingly because it also lasts all day but is much more intense.

it mixes really well with pg!

Trusted Contributor

Love it, but when I wore it years ago, someone in my office said she smelled ant spray. I didn't say I was wearing the perfume that she may have thought stunk!

Contributor

Have you tried Unconditional Love? I think Baby Grace smells somewhat like it with a slight baby powdery note. It has a sweetness to it. I think she says ""it smells like a hug"" because people find it comforting? I am trying to convince myself not to order it.

Contributor

Thank you all for your input! I think I'm just going to get one of the TSVs in PG or AG. I may switch up another shipment down the line with BG but i really do not need 2 sets of these at once. I already have 2 super size lotions (PG lotion and HIAJ for the Body), 3 scrubs (1 supersize PG and 2 FC in the 7.8oz size) and 4 spray fragrances (PG, SG, 2 x AG) to use up as well. Trying to stop being such a hoarder of beauty products. LOL

Valued Contributor

Hi, I got the collection of graces in the whipped body crème, and that was the first time I smelled Baby Grace. Soft, pretty, a bit sweet, and very comforting. I'm sorry, I don't know what to say it "smells like", but I really like it, and it is a great scent for when you need to take care of yourself, you need to sleep well, you need "me time". I love PG, that's my go-to. AG is the first scent I've been able to wear ever. I really like it.

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 abh1544 said:

Thank you all for your input! I think I'm just going to get one of the TSVs in PG or AG. I may switch up another shipment down the line with BG but i really do not need 2 sets of these at once. I already have 2 super size lotions (PG lotion and HIAJ for the Body), 3 scrubs (1 supersize PG and 2 FC in the 7.8oz size) and 4 spray fragrances (PG, SG, 2 x AG) to use up as well. Trying to stop being such a hoarder of beauty products. LOL

I vote for pure grace, of course, because it's my favorite. Amazing grace is floral so I avoid it. You asked about baby grace and, like you, I was always curious so I finally broke down and ordered a bottle of spritz. Someone here posted that it was very floral and very gardenia. I do agree with her. Others don't get the gardenia, but I do. It's bold, it's sweet.

The spritz remains in the closet. I might spray some on at home but I don't wear it in public.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

I tested Baby Grace at Sephora and loved the scent, so I bought The smallest size to see how I'd like wearing it regularly. We'll, That fragrance has brought me many, many compliments. I think everyone has their own fragrances that work with their Own chemistry and I think Baby Grace is perfect for me. I really hope they don't stop making it.....seems that always Happens With products that I love!o