Contributor

Considering Baby Grace for Upcoming TSV, Help with this Scent!

I am definitely getting PG on A-D in upcoming TSV that I'm planning to alternate shipments in with AG. However I am thinking of getting a baby grace set too since this is a good price and I have been wanting to try BG for a while. I have never smelled it before and can't go to ulta or sephora to smell it since its exclusive to the Q. For those of you who have tried BG, can you please describe the scent to me? On the Q Mary Lyn always just says its " like a hug" but I don't know what that smells like. LOL Thanks so much ladies!
Super Contributor

Re: Considering Baby Grace for Upcoming TSV, Help with this Scent!

It doesn't smell like a hug.

I sampled Baby Grace once, and found myself looking for a restroom to wash it off. Hated it.

Sorry. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Trusted Contributor

This is one of my favorite for every day wear. It is a clean smell. fresh, but not flowery. Like when people used to dry sheets outside on a clothesline. Just plain clean.Also love how creamy it is when you get it wet on your skin.
Trusted Contributor

Baby Grace was the only Philosophy fragrance that I sent back. I found it to be an overwhelming floral that smelled like gardenia to me. It was similar to Field Of Flowers to me, very strong, very sweet, very floral. I hated it too. Gave my asthma fits. However, everyone has a different body chemistry and what doesn't work for me very well may work for someone else. That was just my experience.
Valued Contributor

I, too, had to try it. However, it is my least favorite. My 'go to' is always AG. I don't know how to describe it; hug? No. It is not bad, but I would stay with AG or PG.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

They really do need to make a sampler of Q scents...

Anyway, I love AG, and I like PG a lot. But I don't care for BG. That's not to say that you won't like it, but that's a lot of product to keep if it's just ok. And I detest having to return things.

Valued Contributor

I love BG. It's my second favorite next to Inner Grace. Before IG came out BG was my favorite and I wore it for years. Some have disagreed with me but I think it smells similar to the new Sunshine Grace. I find it indescribable but it is very comforting. My husband did not love it, nor did I receive any compliments on it but I wore it just for me. It's that kind of scent. Something you wear just for you. I disagree it smells like FOF or Gardenia. Gardenia has a unique scent and it is not in Baby Graces notes. FOF is way more heavy and floral. BG is floral but subtle like AG. I find it more fresh than floral and more fresh than AG but much softer than PG. It's just a scent I find very comforting.
Contributor

The website fragrantica says Baby Grace's notes are mimose and white musk. I recently ordered the State of grace whipped cream set A254079. BG was included in the set and I had never smelled it before. I love the scent and I find it hard to describe. I would not describe it as overly floral. I would say AG is more floral. I too, have been considering getting the TSV in BG. I have already ordered and received the AG (fav scent) set. There is just something about the BG smell that I really like. Everyone's opinions are going to be different. Good luck.Smile

Valued Contributor

I love BG-used to be the one I reached for every day. I am terrible at describing scents, but out of all the Philosophy scents I think it's the one with the most musk AND sweetness? Does that make any sense??? I love it, it lasts on me, and I'll always have BG as one of my fragrances.
Honored Contributor

It's my fave scent from Philosophy. And it kind of reminds me of Loves Baby Scent from the 70""s/80's--remember when that line had all the different scents--has kind of a baby powdery note to it. It smells delicious on me and I always get comments. Had a guy even call me to ask about it for his wife's birthday. I have a fairly old bottle of it so not sure if it's changed from the new one or not. Seems like these companies just can't leave the good stuff alone.