Honored Contributor

Re: Connie Stevens Forever Spring Skin Care

@Judaline 

I interpreted it as humor.  And I turned 60 last week.

Thanks for the smile. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I used to buy her Bags of Tubes all the time. My favourite products, her shampoo and conditioner in the pink bottles,are not even sold on her website anymore. They really made my hair feel so soft. The Ginseng faciual feed was also good. But I have moved on to other skin care products, namely IT and Meaningful Beauty. 

As to people knowiig Connie Stevens, I was under the impression most QVC shoppers are older women anyway.

Yes, I used them all too, including the shampoo & cond.  She also had these pink glycerin soaps that smelled just heavenly & I've tried to find them to buy but she doesn't make them anymore.

@KKJ- yes I also loved those pink glycerine soaps. They DID smell heavenly! I only had one left so I saved it and saved it, and then finally used the last one in a hotel, and stupidly after using it once I left it in the bathroom when we left. Gone forever!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I still use some of the items from Forever Spring. I especially love the Ginseng Facial Feed. The fragrance is divine and it makes my skin so nice and soft. I also use the Collagen Skin Quencher. I buy them directly from Forever Spring in California. In the back of my drawer I still have the "Time Machine" that I bought soooooo many years ago. I used it faithfully for a while and then I slowly stopped. I don't think it did me much (if any) good, but I felt good doing something for myself. That machine must be at least 25 years old!

@sunala I also loved her Ginseng Facial Feed and she made a night cream that I used for many years. I think it was an extra rich night cream. Then, better products with anti aging and anti oxidants came on the market and I moved on. I also was buying them directly from CA, especially when the products were on sale (twofers).

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

I remember that cream. It was the Super Rich Emollience. Way too thick for my skin at the rime.

Frequent Contributor

Those were interesting times in online skincare.

Wasn't Phyllis Diller selling Creme de la Vie about that same time?

And Kathy Lavine used to sell that silicone oil that a man had "invented" to keep you "youthful". I can't remember the name. I think it came in blue bottles.

I think things changed when Victoria Principal started selling her line which seemed a little more elegant and upscale. That was actually great skincare.

Oh and I just thought of Cher selling shampoo on infomercials!!

Sorry I got so off topic....!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@bonappetit wrote:

Connie Stevens? Really? How many people even know who she is today? If you are older than 60 maybe

So what's wrong with being older than sixty?

Image result for arms crossed girl meme

LOL This is too cute😂😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@theloungeboy wrote:

And Kathy Lavine used to sell that silicone oil that a man had "invented" to keep you "youthful". I can't remember the name. I think it came in blue bottles.

I think things changed when Victoria Principal started selling her line which seemed a little more elegant and upscale. That was actually great skincare.

I was such a sucker for infomercial & shopping channel  celeb skincare. I did order the haircare Cher was endorsing on the infomercial. It was Lori Davis haircare. I remember it was awful . ****** Clark had a skincare line too on Shopnbc I think.  Ruta Lee sold these spray vitamins I remember buying, and George Hamilton had tanning cream---go figure!

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@theloungeboy wrote:

I was such a sucker for infomercial & shopping channel  celeb skincare. I did order the haircare Cher was endorsing on the infomercial. It was Lori Davis haircare. I remember it was awful . ****** Clark had a skincare line too on Shopnbc I think.  Ruta Lee sold these spray vitamins I remember buying, and George Hamilton had tanning cream---go figure!

I used Farrah Fawcett's shampoo. I really loved it, and who better to introduce it. It sure didn't last long. I was disappointed!

Valued Contributor

@Judaline 

Yes I remember Farrah fawcett shampoo , still one of  the best smelling shampoos ever ! Back then there were so many infomercials . Victoria Jackson and her makeup kits Peaches , Pinks and Reds . I remember Kathi Lee Gifford -Mon Ami makeup Lots of memories 

Honored Contributor

D Clark had his skin care line on HSN, from what I can remember. Cant remember for sure but it was something like Jevederm.