Trusted Contributor

I just noticed this brand for the first time and watched a video for a hair product called Tweakd, and I'm a bit confused. By way of background, I have never used Ojon, which I take it is the former brand name, and I used Wen for a while with good effects, until I started to react to it and had to stop.

What I want is a clean, healthy scalp. What attracts me about Tweakd is first, it doesn't include detergent, and second, the video I saw said one product would replace shampoo, conditioner and treatment and a couple of other things.

But then I found there are several different products from Tweakd, in which the videos make the same claim. And I noticed that despite saying it would be the only thing you needed for your hair, there are dozens of different hair products for sale. If you only need one, why is there more than one? 

I know nothing works for everyone, and there are no miracles--and of course every brand makes pretty much the same claims, right? So how to tell the difference? I guess you could say I'm skeptical, but I'm also open to learning something new.

Anybody have solid information about this brand that can help me figure out if it's worth a try, or just another too-good-to-be-true product? 

Thanks for the help!

Honored Contributor
I am a BIG fan of Tweak’d products. I have much better results than I ever did with WEN. I never knew of Denis or Ojon in the past. I did try a Tweak’d foam shampoo before and wasn’t crazy about it. Today there’s basically a Restore line and a Volumizing line. Some people like a traditional shampoo and conditioner while others like the creams and scrubs. I actually use all of them but you can tweak your routine according to your needs and preference. There are also mists that refresh your hair on day two or three.

Which specific products do you want to know about?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
I tried when it was Ojon, and had to return the set. Honestly I've never had my hair turn stiff as straw and stick straight up as this line did to my fine hair. Usually I can just finish up a not so favorite shampoo/cond and just make the switch, but that line made my unbearable. Perhaps this new Tweaked is differently formulated, but im out. I suggest you read the low rated reviews and go from there. I remember Ojon being very heavily fragranced, if you like that.. I currently use Oribe.
Esteemed Contributor

@KaySD. I used Ojon for years, until I couldn't find it anymore.  I've tried other brands, but,  was happy when Tweak'd was introduced.  I really like the shampoo and conditioner plus the thickening spray.  I get better results with these products.

Frequent Contributor
I really like tweaked, I didn't know how much until I just tried colista's shampoo and conditioner it's awful and made my hair like straw. A couple uses of tweaked again it feels much better.i use the scrub weekly and the cream a couple times a week.
Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion Tweakd is the best shampoo/ conditioner on the market❤️🥰

Respected Contributor

There are some of his products you apply to DRY hair rand then get in the shower and add a little water and repeat, I tried those a while back and DID NOT like them at all.

However, his actual Shampoo and Conditioners are really good, scalp feels really nice and balanced, hair has volume yet moisturized, it's actually a really nice line. I don't use it exclusive but I would for sure recommend it. Just not the one you apply to dry hair, stick to the items they have that are actual shampoo and conditioner.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
I am a BIG fan of Tweak’d products. I have much better results than I ever did with WEN. I never knew of Denis or Ojon in the past. I did try a Tweak’d foam shampoo before and wasn’t crazy about it. Today there’s basically a Restore line and a Volumizing line. Some people like a traditional shampoo and conditioner while others like the creams and scrubs. I actually use all of them but you can tweak your routine according to your needs and preference. There are also mists that refresh your hair on day two or three.

Which specific products do you want to know about?

Thanks, @JeanLouiseFinch 

Well, I'm really not sure. I am losing more hair than I feel is normal, so my first thought was to find something to make sure my scalp is really healthy. I tried Nioxin, but didn't see much difference. I now use Bumble&Bumble Full Potential, which is nice, but I don't think detergents are very good.

I really don't want to spend a fortune on stuff that's all hype and no help. I put myself on a wait list for something called Above the Clouds Cleansing Treatment. But that was sort of random and might not be the right thing. Any advice about the two "lines" you mention?

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

There are some of his products you apply to DRY hair rand then get in the shower and add a little water and repeat, I tried those a while back and DID NOT like them at all.

However, his actual Shampoo and Conditioners are really good, scalp feels really nice and balanced, hair has volume yet moisturized, it's actually a really nice line. I don't use it exclusive but I would for sure recommend it. Just not the one you apply to dry hair, stick to the items they have that are actual shampoo and conditioner.

@SandGirl  Thank you. Have you used the "Above the Clouds Cleansing Treatment?" And can you share why the one you use dry first didn't work? I have long hair, and it seems like it would be hard to use. The demo in the video was on a man with short hair. 

Trusted Contributor

@MeriH wrote:
I really like tweaked, I didn't know how much until I just tried colista's shampoo and conditioner it's awful and made my hair like straw. A couple uses of tweaked again it feels much better.i use the scrub weekly and the cream a couple times a week.

@MeriH   Thank you! I see something called a scrub, but I'm not sure which product you mean when you refer to the "cream." Do you mind clarifying?