Honored Contributor

Re: Confirmed-Blogs and Forum shutting down on Nov. 2nd!

@Toppers3 

I've been computing since 91ish.  They were around then.  I just asked Google.  They began in 1981 Smiley Surprised  That's 40 years!  I can just imagine what it looked like.  It would have been DOS based lol  My how things have changed.  Does anyone remember when Google first became a thing?  My husband and I sat  in front of the computer for HOURS asking questions and thought Google was the "anti-Christ" for being able to complete our search inquiry before we finished typing it Smiley Surprised  

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Toppers3 

I've been computing since 91ish.  They were around then.  I just asked Google.  They began in 1981 Smiley Surprised  That's 40 years!  I can just imagine what it looked like.  It would have been DOS based lol  My how things have changed.  Does anyone remember when Google first became a thing?  My husband and I sat  in front of the computer for HOURS asking questions and thought Google was the "anti-Christ" for being able to complete our search inquiry before we finished typing it Smiley Surprised  

LOLOLOLOL!!

Smiley LOL I know that i've told you this before, but you're really funny!! Bwahahaha!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 

Thank you.  I've been told that a time or two.  I take after my dad in that dept Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 

But srsly, did it freak you out when you first started using the "all knowing" Google?  

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Toppers3 

But srsly, did it freak you out when you first started using the "all knowing" Google?  

Yeah...

It definitely knows too much! Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I'm not on FB, so that's IT for me.

Unless the mods were an extra expense and Q's cutting corners, I see no reason to stop the forums.

@Shanus 

Hope you ladies will join Pro Boards!Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

How do you get on?? Dam yankee (vegas baby) was started up after they would not let people talk anymore. I'm sad about this. I'm a widow.
Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Yes, all forums are shutting down. I will never ever buy anything from the Q again! The powers that be are truly insensitive, could not even wait till after the Holidays. 

Honored Contributor

@Melbalee 

I'm so confused 

Honored Contributor

No desire to go on FB, been here 19 years, this was a perfect fit for me.