Honored Contributor

Re: Confirmed-Blogs and Forum shutting down on Nov. 2nd!

@Shanus 

I don't mind change so much if it's better but the Delphi site is decades behind in structure/format.  It's dark, it's cluttered and not straight forward.  Most sites have moved away from those kinds of formats years ago.  

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

I just looked around on ProBoards.  It's 100% better LOOKING than the Delphi pages (which are stuck in the 90s) lol

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I'm sorry you've had such terrible experiences here but it sounds like you'll be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by going to a cesspool of ignorance, dissension, sad tragic news stories. (sounds like tv news which I also won't watch)

I don't do FB and never will.  I'm not that much of a social person and I've heard of too many horror stories.  Secure it ain't!!!  This may be the end of the road for me too and it hurts Smiley Sad  I've always had some kind of social interaction on line with like minded people be it computers, AIs, dogs, cookbooks or makeup

Honored Contributor

I'm a late Baby Boomer (born in '59).  I don't shop QVC.  I used to.  I've bought countless cookware/kitchen gadgets and Diamonique from them.  I'm sure more but can't think of it right now.  Their shopping model is very outdated.  Their prices and shipping charges are out dated.  How in the world do they compete with Amazon and their two day free shipping?  In fact many online retailers have free shipping.  Some with no minimum.  I could be wrong but I tend to think their target audience is older women who haven't transitioned to online shopping/Amazon et al.  Maybe this is an attempt at cutting cost to stay afloat.  Are other changes being made?

Honored Contributor

Private FB pages are hacked daily Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@CherryHugs 

I just looked around on ProBoards.  It's 100% better LOOKING than the Delphi pages (which are stuck in the 90s) lol

@monicakm @CherryHugs  I vote for the ProBoards as well.  I hope we can make a go of it over there.  

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

Of course this is true. But customer perks (this being one) is a show of appreciation.  Highly successful companies show appreciation to their customers.  If customers feel valued and appreciated, they're more likely to continue a relationship with that company.  I've purchased a lot from the Q, just not recently.  The most recent was a BOGO of Tatcha Rice Powder.  I think shipping was free too.  But it took so long to get it, I'd forgotten about it.  Not cool.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

Of course this is true. But customer perks (this being one) is a show of appreciation.  Highly successful companies show appreciation to their customers.  If customers feel valued and appreciated, they're more likely to continue a relationship with that company.  I've purchased a lot from the Q, just not recently.  The most recent was a BOGO of Tatcha Rice Powder.  I think shipping was free too.  But it took so long to get it, I'd forgotten about it.  Not cool.

@monicakm 

They don't want you to stop buying.  There is no such thing as loyalty to clients and consumers anymore.  That went out the window here, obviously.  Loyalty without earnings doesn't help the shareholders.  This is hard cold truth.  Shareholders rule.....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

How true - appalled also! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@CherryHugs 

If I'm not mistaken, they were probably one of the earliest Internet message boards with chat rooms to be developed on the Internet. They have been around for a long time. Smiley Wink

I'm actually glad to see that they're still around. Smiley Happy