Valued Contributor

I have a stubborn brown spot that lightens with retinol but never goes away completely.  What works great for me is the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness cream in the small jar. 

Honored Contributor
If you want to neutralize a brown spot on your skin, use a product with red in it. That should be pretty easy. Just a little red, maybe mixed in with the concealer, applied with a Q tip or sponge. Then cover with your favorite foundation.
Honored Contributor

My friend's daughter has a lot of tattoos. She needed to cover some of them for her wedding and was recommended Kat Von D's Lock-It Concealer. My friend said her daughter's tattoos were covered very nicely.  You can get it at Sephora.

Super Contributor

I have a terrible spot on the side of my nose.  It was Basil cell---frozen, then cut off.  I have had it lasered----still there!  I used probably 50 concealers---then finally found something that seems to help!  I starting putting eye primer on it before concealer.  I actually found the tinted primer by Ulta works best----and use dermablend---then dust with a LITTLE powder---just the spot!  This seems to work for me ---- keeping it covered for a longer period of time!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have one brown spot on my cheek that seems to defy coverage with concealer.  I have the it bye bye in medium and although it is good in general...when I put it on this one brown spot, I can still see it.

I  did try having it removed by a dermatologist...when for three treatments  on my face in general including this brown spot and this one spot defied the laser🙁

She said I might need to use a tattoo laser for this one.That some brown spots are just harder to remove.   So, until I do this....any suggestions on a really good concealer that does cover ANYTHING well?

'Hi @SeaMaiden. Instead of concealer, how about trying a spot of corrector first. This should cancel out some of the discoloration before then putting a dot of concealer on top. It's kind of expensive, but the best product for complete coverage of spots, irregular pigmentation, etc. is Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage. It comes w/ 2 colors to blend and match, warm on back on hand before application. I highly recommend this to everyone. This is too thick and drying to use under the eyes...for face only.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have one brown spot on my cheek that seems to defy coverage with concealer.  I have the it bye bye in medium and although it is good in general...when I put it on this one brown spot, I can still see it.

I  did try having it removed by a dermatologist...when for three treatments  on my face in general including this brown spot and this one spot defied the laser🙁

She said I might need to use a tattoo laser for this one.That some brown spots are just harder to remove.   So, until I do this....any suggestions on a really good concealer that does cover ANYTHING well?

'Hi @SeaMaiden. Instead of concealer, how about trying a spot of corrector first. This should cancel out some of the discoloration before then putting a dot of concealer on top. It's kind of expensive, but the best product for complete coverage of spots, irregular pigmentation, etc. is Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage. It comes w/ 2 colors to blend and match, warm on back on hand before application. I highly recommend this to everyone. This is too thick and drying to use under the eyes...for face only.

@Shanus   I am looking at the swatches  for this Laura Mercier product...how do I pick the right one?  I have fair/ medium skin tone. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   I am looking at the swatches  for this Laura Mercier product...how do I pick the right one?  I have fair/ medium skin tone. 

@SeaMaiden  Look on the LM site. There's a description for each shade. I'm SC-2. If you're fair/medium, SC-3 is described as fair/medium w/ yelllow or pink undertones. I'd guess that's you. If still have doubts, can you go to dept. store to ask at counter? ***Remember you're matching your face shade, not lighter for under the eyes. That's why I'm SC-2 and not SC-1, the lightest shade. Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

I would think a small amount of Westmore Body Coverage would do the trick