Honored Contributor

Re: Concealers.....Ugh!

[ Edited ]

If having difficulty, it does help to use a concealer and foundation from the same line...they usually color match them to make it easier. I also warm a concealer on the back of my hand before application and don't apply directly from wand or tube. 

Placement is also key. Try to stay just on the darker areas, don't sweep across the entire undereye or all the way up under lashline. It makes it too difficult to blend. I also stay away from the area under the eye/outer corner. That's where we develop crowsfeet and the concealer gets in those lines. If you have darkness there, just use the tiny amount left on the back of your hand. and lightly pat it in. It has warmed up and thinned out enough to blend easier. I also never apply foundation under the eyes...too thick and usually not brightening enough. it also a second layer over concealer that may dull it or add to the visible wrinkles. If the concealer is the correct shade, it will easily blend w/ foundation.

If you like to set your concealer w/ powder, use one that's meant for that...finely milled with some brightness added. I like Laura Mercier Under Eye powder. There are others w/ the same effect, but I stay away from powders with any shimmer.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

You're so sweet to give such a detailed explanation!  It sounds so easy but when I try to do similar things, it's all a mess!  Woman Sad

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

I am 55 and only started wearing concealer on a regular basis last year!  It really makes a huge difference.  I have tried quite a few and here are my favorites:

*Tarte Shape Tape - love this stuff.  Really covers everything and not too drying.  

*Sisley Phyto Cerns Eclat - This stuff is $112 and WORTH EVERY PENNY.  I didn't want to believe that it could be worth it, but it is. You just use a tiny bit, so it lasts a long time.  LOVE THIS STUFF.  I use this alone or over my base concealer to finish it off.  It's really nice.  

*FitGlow Beauty Peach Concealer.  It's kind of a color correcting concealer, but it's subtle.  They also have a brightening concealer that is really good.  

Honored Contributor

@Jjsodapop 

You must have perfect and well hydrated undereyes to love Tarte Shape Tape lol  I don't have visible wrinkles under my eyes ) when I smile I have them at the top of my cheekbones) but when I used the Shape Tape, it brought all those "not to the surface yet" fine lines, to the surface Smiley Surprised

I'm not familiar with the other two products.

I've heard of Sisley but not FitGlow.

Honored Contributor

Re: Concealers.....Ugh!

[ Edited ]

@author   I like Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer medium coverage.  I also have Bobbi Brown concealer but it's too thick (full coverage) for me.  I always go back to Secret Concealer in a little pot.  I am 71 years old.  P.S.  I am liking Kylie Skin eye cream for $20.  It brightens up the eye area and then you cover with your concealer.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 

Thanks!  I think I'll try the Laura Mercier.  BB is too thick for me too, and IT BBU is WAY too heavy.

Contributor

Well, I do use eye cream underneath and I don't have a lot of lines around my eyes.  What I have are puffy bags!  Wrinkles aren't really my issue, but the puffiness is chronic.  I am planning on getting eyelid/undereye surgery very soon. 

Fitglow is a clean beauty company.  Their products are really nice.  I love their Lip Serums.  I have also tried their blush, lipsticks and lip pencils.  All really nice.  They have skincare, as well.  I haven't tried that yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jjsodapop wrote:

Well, I do use eye cream underneath and I don't have a lot of lines around my eyes.  What I have are puffy bags!  Wrinkles aren't really my issue, but the puffiness is chronic.  I am planning on getting eyelid/undereye surgery very soon. 

Fitglow is a clean beauty company.  Their products are really nice.  I love their Lip Serums.  I have also tried their blush, lipsticks and lip pencils.  All really nice.  They have skincare, as well.  I haven't tried that yet.

Let me know how you do with your surgery.  I have no wrinkles but I do have those bags and I have to always watch my salt intake....it makes them worse.

Contributor

I will definitely report back.  Not sure when I am going to schedule it, but I am hoping within the next couple of months or right after the first of the year.  I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and my eyes are always puffy.  It's also hereditary.  I finally came tot faced the fact that there is no cream or concealer that can work as well as I need it to.

Honored Contributor

@Jjsodapop 

I also have Hashimoto's and had no idea that my puffy eyes were to blame for it.  I thought it was my dad (who doesn't have Hashimoto's).