Esteemed Contributor

Concealer needed for bluish skin...

on either side of the bridge of my nose cause I'm having a head cold plus allergies and it looks horrible.  Used to keep a concealer on hand, but ditched it when we moved 2 years ago.  What's out there now that I can purchase within 48 hours to cover these vertical bruise-like lines near my eyes?

Thanks so much!

Super Contributor

Re: Concealer needed for bluish skin...

Hi Rebecca. I've been using MAC studio finish concealer for years to cover anything on my face. It is a creamy consistency so I use a little flat concealer brush and use a tiny bit at a time in layers if necessary then use a little powder to set. For under my eyes I use Maybelline Age Rewind...my HG under eye concealer.

Contributor

Depending on your skintone, a peach shade might work well to counter-act the blueness. Before you buy something else, you could try a peachy eyecolor or blush under foundation to see if that helps.

Several products designed for under-eye circles have a peach tone for this reason, so if you need to make a purchase, you might look for something like that. I'm sorry that I cannot give you a specific suggestion product-wise.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

http://mineralmadness.com/forums/index.php
Esteemed Contributor

@lobstergal wrote:

Hi Rebecca. I've been using MAC studio finish concealer for years to cover anything on my face. It is a creamy consistency so I use a little flat concealer brush and use a tiny bit at a time in layers if necessary then use a little powder to set. For under my eyes I use Maybelline Age Rewind...my HG under eye concealer.

Hi D,

Tried to get on here earlier, but the Q site must have gone bonkers, because I was unable to type a response.  Glad it's working again.

Thank you for the MAC recommendation.  Though I have lots of MAC eye shadows, lips, brushes and such, I've never used this product.  I may go out Sunday afternoon, as it's going to br at least 103 tomorrow. And, I have just the brush to use with it.

Thanks, again!

~Rebecca

Esteemed Contributor

@boodley wrote:

Depending on your skintone, a peach shade might work well to counter-act the blueness. Before you buy something else, you could try a peachy eyecolor or blush under foundation to see if that helps.

Several products designed for under-eye circles have a peach tone for this reason, so if you need to make a purchase, you might look for something like that. I'm sorry that I cannot give you a specific suggestion product-wise.

boodley,

Thank you for the advice on using a beach shade, as I would not have thought of that.  I'm going to go look at my stash, most of which is free-bees, to see if I have a peach-anything that I can try out.

Thank you for the advice, kind words and link provided.

~Rebecca

Super Contributor

I also have the same issue as you. I found that Mac Pro Longwear concealer in the color NW 15 works great for me. The NW will cover the blue. And you do not need a powder over top and it stays all day.
Esteemed Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:
I also have the same issue as you. I found that Mac Pro Longwear concealer in the color NW 15 works great for me. The NW will cover the blue. And you do not need a powder over top and it stays all day.

shiloh,

Thanks so much for steering me to MAC.  I wear the Pro Longwear lip color and have been exceedingly pleased with that.  I'll be going out tomorrow p.m., so will check this out at the counter.  Thanks, again.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

@boodley wrote:

boodley,

Thank you for the advice on using a beach shade, as I would not have thought of that.  I'm going to go look at my stash, most of which is free-bees, to see if I have a peach-anything that I can try out.

Thank you for the advice, kind words and link provided.

~Rebecca

I use Eve Pearl's dual salmon concealer as my go-to. You may be interested in watching her video as she explains why a "salmon"/peach color is used.

Compare Selected Items:
EVE PEARL Dual Salmon Concealer w/ Brush - A266414
A266414VIDEO
Most Wished For
EVE PEARL Dual Salmon Concealer w/ Brush
QVC Price: $43.00
Featured Price: $38.98
3.2 of 5 Stars (19 reviews)

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Frequent Contributor

COLORSCIENCE mineral corrector pallate. Best ever. Google the company

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

on either side of the bridge of my nose cause I'm having a head cold plus allergies and it looks horrible.  Used to keep a concealer on hand, but ditched it when we moved 2 years ago.  What's out there now that I can purchase within 48 hours to cover these vertical bruise-like lines near my eyes?

Thanks so much!

Try Laura Mercier.  She has several concealers and you can read about them online so you know what they do.  You can purchase at Nordstrom or Sephora.  Soome Macy's carry Laura M. also Neiman Marcus and Saks.

kindness is strength