Esteemed Contributor

Concealer, corrector, color corrector??

I know I will get a straight answer here about these three things and what they are used for. I need to know what I should try. I am 65 and have a few fine lines under and around my eyes. I do not have puffiness, bags or dark circles there. All the concealers seem to refer to hiding dark circles which is not my issue and every concealer I have used settles into the fine lines and looks awful. What I do have is a few brown sun or age spots and some redness around my nose and some darker pigmented areas around my mouth. I feel like these need some additional help but don't know exactly what to use. What is a corrector as opposed to a concealer and what is a color corrector?
Super Contributor

Re: Concealer, corrector, color corrector??

A corrector is usually peach based. Where concealers are skin tone. Mabelline rewind is nice doesn't settle It is light to medium coverage
Super Contributor

Re: Concealer, corrector, color corrector??

I believe that a corrector and color corrector are the same thing. They or it are used under concealers to cover unwanted skin tones. I'm not sure I am explaining this well. A corrector can be used under your eyes to help lighten dark circles and then the concealer is put on top. A color corrector can be blue, peach, green, pink, yellow or lavender. Yellow and green hide redness, pink brightens, lavender corrects sallowness etc.... For under eyes Maybelline Rewind is a very nice concealer for under your eyes. They also have one with vitamin c to help lighten dark spots. Primer can help eliminate those little lines. I am 57 and my left eye gets some lines because I sleep on that side. I love the line filler by Smashbox. You just tap some on the lines and they are gone. I actually tap it as my last step but it is supposed to be before foundation. It dries clear so as a last step it doesn't get smeared by the foundation process. The corrector can cover dark spots before your concealer is used. I have really stubborn dark spots so it is a lot of trial and error for me. Sometimes I use an eye primer before concealer. The concealer is different for dark spots, you need a heaver, thicker concealer. Amazing Concealer is good, Tarte Clay, Makeup 4 Ever HD, Maybelline 24 hour, Dermablend, Cover FX, Laura Mercier and Estee Lauder. Hope this helps. Oops almost forgot finish with setting powder.