Honored Contributor

Re: Concealer Question: Dmitry said....

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@RainyDayGal wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Concealer is used under the eye to camoflouge darkness, etc.  I have no idea why this guy would say to only use in the corner of the eyes.  It does not make any sense.

He didn't say to only use it at the inner corner.  He showed how to apply it mainly at the inner corner and about halfway across as that's where most darkness happens.  Now, of course, if someone's darkness was across the entire bottom eyelid area you would blend it out to cover that.  What he did say was not to put it way out beyond the outer corner.

Actually that is exactly what he said, I watched it and couldn't believe he said that.  He said just the inner corner and not to apply all the way under the eye.  Goes against every single makeup artist out there.

@RainyDayGal  Go back and watch the video.  He said you don't use it "out here" as he motioned toward the outer corner of they eye.  Then he said you only use it on the inner third of the undereye.as he was blending it out.

I heard it the same way you did @RainyDayGal , hence my post.  Plus, he didn't apply any underneath the model's eye.  Granted, she didn't need any there, but I don't know that she needed it in the inner corner either.  And, he did say "only", so I took that literally.  If you're going to give makeup tips, be clear.  

Esteemed Contributor

How can any makeup tip be "one-size-fits-all"? If it works for you, then fine. To listen to any one and translate what they say for every one, to me seems kind of silly.

IT would have us all smothered over with foundation; Mally would have us all with lashes beyond our eyebrows....

These people are only making suggestions.

But I really don't think many people have darkness to the outside corners of their eyes. Why would you want to draw out concealer there?

Honored Contributor

Most presentations I see they make suggestions of how you can use a product or where you might use it.  That, to me, doesn't say it's the only way to use a product.  But he said ONLY which tells me he actually thinks the inner corner of the eye is the only place it should be used.  

And I don't take what makeup artists say as the only way to do it.  I was strictly commenting on his assertion that it was the only way to do it.