Valued Contributor

Conair Fashion Curl Curler--temperature of low setting?

Would anyone know if the low setting on this is less than 400 degrees? From watching the presentations yesterday, I am under the impression that this device stays at 400 for both the high and low settings, and that the two settings only differ by how many seconds your hair stays in. Ten seconds on low, and 12 on high. If that's the case, I think I'll cancel my order and get the original Conair Infiniti one. That one does offer a lower temperature on the low setting. Afraid that 400 degrees is just too hot for my hair.

Honored Contributor

Re: Conair Fashion Curl Curler--temperature of low setting?

Yes, from what I heard I understand the same thing as you OP.

Honored Contributor

There are so many obvious - to me anyway- things wrong with this device. One is that temperature is so high it would seem it would really damage your hair. Second - no matter what they say - someone will get their hair tangled in it. Third - if you have a full head of hair to curl it would take forever at 1/2" of hair at a time. forth - I can't imagine this would be useful unless you have long hair, because it doesn't get very close to the scalp. IMO - this is a definite no way.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought this last year & waited too long to try it out so I could not return it ..... it did absolutely nothing for my hair .... I gave it to my niece & she wasn't thrilled with it either!!! 👎👎

Valued Contributor

Just an update--Called Conair and gave them the model number. They didn't have any info about it???? Decided to call QVC's customer service. Didn't think they'd have an answer either since the item's description doesn't mention anything about it, but the lady I got was able to find out that, as I suspected, the temp is the same whether on low or high. The only difference is the amount of time your hair is in the device.So, am going to buy Conair's original model of this instead and give it a try. At least it has the option to choose a lower temperature setting. I'm a little nervous about using it, but am curious to see how it does.

Respected Contributor

I don't like the potential to lose control of my own hair, like if my hair gets caught in that chamber and burns. Scares me. And my hair is fine, but I have lots of it. It would take me too long to do my whole head with the Conair. I'm going to get the Beachwaver. Trying to decide if I'm going to get it on easy pay or wait until Ulta has a 20% off coupon. But nobody knows when that will be.