Super Contributor

Compliments on my skin at 59

I went to the dentist last week for a crown prep. Wore the bare basics, just moisturizer, mascara, a little eye concealer...little blush. The dentist( a man) was looking in my mouth, the bright glaring light in my eyes and on my face like HD TV...and he says "you have the most beautiful skin, what do you do?" I am thinking how can my skin look beautiful with no foundation on? Then today, I am at my Pre OP visit with my Surgeon's Assistant to go over my upcoming surgery. She is like a very pretty 30 something cheerleader Barbie doll with gorgeous straight blond hair...(smart too). And in the middle of our conversation she says "I am sorry if I seem to be staring at you, but you have the most beautiful skin...what do you use." I told her my protocol (of course not everything!). I did wear Skinn's plasma foundation today. I feel good that my skin reflects the work I do to keep it healthy. It is a passion of mine to eat healthy, take care of my skin and body. When I went to get my hair cut earlier this week I was telling the gal my history with bad joints. She said " well at least you have great skin!"
Honored Contributor

Re: Compliments on my skin at 59

Your attention to your skin has paid off in spades! Good for you!

Honored Contributor

Wow, you must really have great skin for three people to mention it to you in such a short time! I'm 58 and got a compliment on my skin recently, too. It does make you feel good.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

That is wonderful!!!!! So do tell....what are you using? And have you found anything for firming?

Super Contributor

It is funny as when I look in the mirror I only see my that puffy eye, or that little wrinkle....and dwell on those. That is how we are as human. Interesting what others see!
Honored Contributor

It does feel great when you get compliments on your skin when you aren't even wearing any foundation! Funny I use to be so into makeup and now I am more into skincare. Makeup looks even better when your skin looks its' best. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Funny you mention this because during my prep for my recent surgery, the nurse said to me something to the effect of, "sweety, you aren't suppose to be wearing any makeup, that means foundation". I kindly smiled and said I wasn't wearing any. She couldn't believe it. Wink But I am not 59 and only hope that when I am, I still get those kinds of compliments. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Wow! Thats awesome! What skin care products do you use?
Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Wsmom said:

That is wonderful!!!!! So do tell....what are you using? And have you found anything for firming?

Ws mom, I am ONE OF THOSE who kind of uses everything...I rotate different products different days. I do stay out of the sun, use sunscreen year round, one product I have used for at least 15 years is Distinction FirmA Lift. Sold on QVC. It is a wonderful serum. I think you might love it.
Respected Contributor

I was watching the beauty show on HSN (channel surfing really) they showed a woman using a product that tightened up the wrinkles. My husband looked at me and said, do you think that really works like that and then he said you don't need it because you do not have any wrinkles. I am 65 and that was such a wonderful compliment from my Hubby.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Way to go, gazelle! Good skin pays off, and I've never doubted it.