Respected Contributor

Re: Complexion is flaking --- not a good look!

@tends2dogs  Yes, it absorbs quickly on dry skin. But on my normal skin,  it does takes awhile longer to absorb. Its supposed to be excellent for Rosacea & sensitve skin. I would suggest to @AngelPuppy1  to test it on the side of your face first. I highly doubt that JM's argan oil will irritate your skin. From what you are using Argan is the least irritating.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Janey2 

I don't know why but I am terrified of using oils of any kind on my face!  So afraid of a reaction or breaking out -- which I tend to do with the rosacea!  Thank you for the reommendation.  

@AngelPuppy1 , I have mild "well controlled" rosacea since 1990. I was told that flaking is very common with the condition. I cannot use oils, aha's or bha's of any kind. A mild cleanser and moisturizer work. When I have a flare, I only use the med prescribed by my dermatologist. For many years I used Finacea or Metrocream. My complexion is no longer reactive and clear because I no longer experiment with anti-aging products. 

I learned the hard way, that I cannot use what a lot of women use for anti-aging. I tried a few with the result being inflamed skin. Oils left me with red, irritated skin.

Listen to your dermatologist. He knows your complexion and probably has seen many patients with rosacea.🌺 It sounds like you were given good advice.🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@tends2dogs  Yes, it absorbs quickly on dry skin. But on my normal skin,  it does takes awhile longer to absorb. Its supposed to be excellent for Rosacea & sensitve skin. I would suggest to @AngelPuppy1  to test it on the side of your face first. I highly doubt that JM's argan oil will irritate your skin. From what you are using Argan is the least irritating.

@Kabella  I'm not sure if you thought I had a question about JM.  I really like her products and agree that I think @AngelPuppy1 may benefit from her oil.  Josie said that if a person is having problematic or stressful skin, to use the hemp or skin dope for a few days to recalibrate the skin.  I have found this to work for me.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

For some people, including myself, there are certain oils which can cause dry skin...argan oil is one of those oils. The reason is b/c the oil(s) can cause the oil glands in the skin to stop producing natural skin oils. They do that as a natural response b/c the glands 'think' there's enough oil there already. So over time the oil glands produce less oil and the skin becomes dry. I cannot use argan oil at all.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I've never heard of that but I can understand the theory.  So does that go for all oils for you?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I've never heard of that but I can understand the theory.  So does that go for all oils for you?

@monicakm 

So far for me it's just the argan oil. But I haven't used that many different kinds of oils before so there might be some more. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS 

Having had so many bad reactions to so many things, I am really anxious about any different product!  Thank you for the post!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@skatting44 

I can't use tape of any kind on my skin -- not even bandaids, as I get a reaction!  I am going to try and start drinking more water.  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Thanks for giving more info on this, I appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Oh - good to know.  I sure don't need this (regarding argon oil).  I was looking in my stash of a product that I recently bought and forgot and did not try.  I wondered if this would help --- Neutrogena glow primer + serum - hyaluronic acid.  I applied a drop of it to my wrist and at first it seemed a bit oily - not heavy - but absorbed quickly.  There does not seem to be any fragrance to it or not many ingredients.  I looked on line at the ingredient but I don't understand the majority of them --- not unusual!  Do you think this would help with the dry/flakiness?  Thanks!!!