Honored Contributor

Re: Complained about haircut

@Shanus   I usually like your answers but i have to disagree this time.  My stylist did ask for a picture.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Stylists do not like when you bring a picture in -either on phone or whatever.

Since when?

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Stylists do not like when you bring a picture in -either on phone or whatever.

@Group 5 minus 1  - what are you talking about?  Why would a stylist not want to see what a customer wants?  

Esteemed Contributor

MINE ALWAYS LOVED MY PHOTOS.  BEEN GOING TO HER FOR 10 YEARS AND ALWAYS SHOW HER A PICTURE VIA PHONE AS TO WHAT I WANT.  SHE LOVES IT!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sat in the chair for a little over an hour because she took a section of hair and the cut into the hair.  It's a long, dull process.  The cut is cute not quite  Pixie in my sense of the word but layered and just a little longer layers.  The only thing I don't like is after the time consuming cut the front and side need to be thinned out.  I gave her a $15 tip for the time she spent.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I sat in the chair for a little over an hour because she took a section of hair and the cut into the hair.  It's a long, dull process.  The cut is cute not quite  Pixie in my sense of the word but layered and just a little longer layers.  The only thing I don't like is after the time consuming cut the front and side need to be thinned out.  I gave her a $15 tip for the time she spent

@Katcat1  - Did she thin out the sides for you?  Are you happy with the cut?  Were you able to bring a picture to her?

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Why in the world do stylists have a problem with a client bringing in a photo of a cut they want?  A picture is worth a 1000 words and often words you can't convey the way it needs to be said.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I have hair envy.

I don't have the envy or jealous gene, but...I think I have knee envy Smiley Sad 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my experience, stylist do like pictures.  You know the saying-- a picture is worth a thousand words.  It's also a great opportunity for the stylist to explain why maybe it's not the best choice for your hair and what they can do that would work for you.  So to say they don't like getting pictures, says more about the performance of the stylist.  

it's wrong for her to impose her opinion of how she likes your hair on you.  Now that you have gone back, if you are still not happy, start shopping for a new stylist.  You didn't really owe her a tip.  She was correcting her mistake.  And it sounds like she still didn't.  

Sorry.  That sucks.