Trusted Contributor

Re: Complained about haircut

@Imaoldhippie I have a few good friends that are hair stylists and they all love when a client brings in a picture of a cut or color they want.  The only thing they don't like is if the picture is unrealistic for the client's hair texture or hair color and the client won't listen.

Like you said, it's much easier for them to see what you're asking for than to hope they get it from whatever words you use.

Respected Contributor

for a style change i always bring a pic on my phone . after having a few hatchet jobs.  

pre cell phone days i would tear out a page with a style from a hairstyle or fashion magazine to show them.

Honored Contributor

My printer is down (it's a pain).  However, I think the stylist and me had a misunderstanding.  Kris Jenner changed her hairstylie which I was not aware of.  I like her Pixie look and I believe the stylist knew about the new Jenner style.  I hope this works out.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 , it must depend on the stylist.  My last two always wanted to look at a pic and the one I have now will even pull up pinterest to give me ideas for a visual when I am describing what I want.

Respected Contributor

i've been going to my guy, for 30 yrs. if i bring in something new/newish. i tell him bottom line is i want age appropriate and appropriate for my body/face shape.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Stylists do not like when you bring a picture in -either on phone or whatever.

@Group 5 minus 1   The stylists I've gone to always ask "do you have a picture"?

Respected Contributor

I have had several beauticians tell me to bring a picture.  Also they have thick magazines with hairstyles in most shops, I am assuming so you can find one you like it and show your stylist?

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Stylists do not like when you bring a picture in -either on phone or whatever.

Honored Contributor

Stylists like pictures, although mine is always quick to tell me it wouldn't be the same on me since the girl in the pic always has more hair than I do.  I have hair envy.  I admit it.  But, knowing what you like, they can then suggest something that WILL work with your hair.  Of course, it still might not look good with your face which is why I just pretty much stick with my current style.

Respected Contributor

I had the new girl for my last haircut. It was way too short. It took months to grow. I considered a wig but I just waited it out. This time I had my usual girl. Like my hair and the color.

Trusted Contributor

Kris Jenner short cut and Lisa Rinners short cut are, IMHO, fantastic short cuts. They flatter the faces of both women and Lisa's cut is very versatile.  Some people rock short hair beautifully while others, not so much. It's funny to see different cuts on the same person and to have one WOW over all the others. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"