Esteemed Contributor

Comparison of 2 Celebration Foundations

I've been using and re-ordering the original Celebration Foundation in the black compact for some time now and liked it, never had an issue with it being too powdery. I did a re-order a couple of weeks ago and somehow managed to order the wrong one, instead ordered the one in the silver compact with the SPF 50. It came last week. Finally tried it yesterday and again this morning. Both times I wound up washing it off and starting over with the original one. This one with the SPF 50 doesn't cover as well and is way too powdery looking. This morning when I used it I tried with one of the brushes that comes with the original instead of one that came with the SPF 50 version, it didn't help. Have already disposed of all the packaging because I figured it couldn't be much different than the original so will just pass it on to my daughter or granddaughter, maybe they'll have better luck with it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Comparison of 2 Celebration Foundations

I agree - it is too powdery. Been using the CC Cream and wanted to try this.  Don't like the way it looks on my mature skin.  It's going back this morning.

Respected Contributor

Is that the difference between the black and silver?  SPF? I had the silver from a TSV last year, and just got one from the IT FF saie.  It's in a black compact.  

I liked the silver one ... but it was a little dark for me, although usable.  I'm very fair, but not porcelain and I had gotten the light, per the recommendations from Jamie & QVC hosts.  I got the new one in fair, and am so much happier with it!  YAY!!!!  I didn't notice what you did about the silver one being more powdery, though.  If anything, the one in the black compact seemed more powdery to me.... then again, I've only used it once.

Respected Contributor

Same thing here, I like the origional Celebration better than the one with the SPF. I don't like wearing sunscreen on my face so I thought this would be good. Definitely not as much coverage, back to the origional which I need to re-order soon.

Regular Contributor

I like the one with the SPF so much more than the other one. I thought the one without the SPF was way more powdery.

Super Contributor

I'm confused, the original Celebration is a powder, comes in the black case and has SPF.

Is there another Celebration that is a powder and has SPF and comes in a silver case?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@c_la_vee ...  Yes, there is one in a silver case, and it has spf 50.  The one in the black compact doesn't have SPF.  (I looked at the backs of my compacts after reading this post!)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TennisCaptain   You've had the same experience that I had.... my foundation in the black compact is more powdery.... but it's a better color for me, so I'm loving it (as of day 2!)  

Super Contributor

@ItsME

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know what to think.

I looked at the back of 3 Celebrations in black cases and you're right, there is no mention of SPF but unless I'm going crazy, the ones in the black cases had SPF at one time?

I mean, the SPF was the reason that I bought them! LOL

The silver compacts didn't exist yet and I haven't bought any Celebration in a long time.

I also looked at the inventory on QVC and they are calling it Anti Aging Celebration and don't mention SPF.

Why are they messing with my mind? Cat Frustrated

I think I still have unopened Celebrations at my house in the city and will check the boxes when I go back.

Respected Contributor

@c_la_vee  The one in the black compact doesn't say anything about SPF, but it does have titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as the second and third ingredients.  I don't have a box for the silver compact to look at the ingredients, but they are probably very similar.  I don't know why one says SPF and one doesn't.  Maybe somebody else can shed some light on the subject?