Honored Contributor

Comments on Results from Kate Somerville TSV

I thought the TSV was making me look better, but now I'm thinking it is when I do my make-up I went back to using Mally's Poreless Face Defender. It definitely makes my older skin look better than by using powder. Other than that, still not sure about the KS TSV.

Super Contributor

Re: Comments on Results from Kate Somerville TSV

I am using the retinol product, it's strong and drying, I think more drying than my prescription grade Tretonin, but I like it.

I have not tried the moisturizer yet, because I have been using Sweet Almond Oil to counteract the dryness.

My skin is definitely brighter, and it's only been a week or 2 since I have been using the product.

Trusted Contributor

Being a retinol product, I don't even anticipate seeing any results for at least 6 to 8 weeks. I realize that is beyond the return period but that is also about the shortest period of time for retinol usage to be even slightly visible. Neither retinol or retina A are fast acting skin treatments and usually dermatologists advise their patients starting a retina A program that it will be closer to 6 months to truly evaluate it's impact on their skin.

I find Retasphere to be the least drying of any retinol or RA product I've ever used. Kate did a very good job of incorporating her retinol into such a moisturizing base that my normally super dry skin hasn't experienced, so far anyway, any added dryness. With the addition of Age Arrest, my skin is well hydrated throughout the night.

I know we all would prefer to see more immediate results from every product we try but that is just not typically how retinol/RA products work. Yet the long term benefits are worth it as it can delay many signs of aging with continued use - that does require a long term commitment however.

Honored Contributor

I have super dry sensitive skin. I use the retinol 2x a week. The first week, I had dry patches and was flaking. Beginning of 2nd week, no more dry patches but I woke up to dry tight skin. End of 2nd week, not as tight in the morning. I like it a lot and this is my first retinol product.

I think my skin is brighter, or at least going in the right direction.

Respected Contributor

I love the moisturizer for my dry skin. It works well with my makeup and keeps me hydrated without drying out by the end of the of the day. I have used Retin A for almost 20 years so I can only use the Retasphere 1 or 2 x a week on the nights that I don't use Retin A. This kit was definitely worth the money. I am pleased with how my skin looks, however, now that the harsh winter is over I think that is helping also.