Valued Contributor

Re: Comments on DOLL10 TS (HSN)

[ Edited ]

I've only tried her lipsticks and glosses.  Both of those were very inferior quallity and they didn't stay on at all past the first lick of my lips.  I decided it was worse than anything I've ever bought in a lipstick line, so I pass on all her products now.  I felt like her lipstick products were really just an expensive Chapstick.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I like some of her stuff.  I WOULD like her HydraGel foundation much better if it wasn't yellow-based.   I can make it work, but I'd prefer something more neutral.  I was sorta interested in the eyeliners because of the self sharpening feature, but I have a whole set of Laura Geller gel eyeliners that work for me.  I won't buy her lipstick kits though becasue they always include at least one orangy tone,  But, I think that is pretty much the case with all lipstick sets, not just hers.  

@Icegoddess   You're right about most lipstick sets and I don't get it. I wear cool shades of lipsticks/gloss. If I'm going to purchase a set, the clunker is always an orange or apricot lipstick (warm tone) I'd never wear. Makeup vendors should know this. Unless planning to give that one away, the value is gone. 

BTW, Geller was on for a rare hour show yesterday, but my guide said it would be Mally. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I can only guess they do that so that it will appeal to everyone.  However, in reality, it should appeal to noone since it's no longer a deal if you have to hrow one away.

Lipsticks are already one of the hardest makeup items for me to choose.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus I can only guess they do that so that it will appeal to everyone.  However, in reality, it should appeal to noone since it's no longer a deal if you have to hrow one away.

Lipsticks are already one of the hardest makeup items for me to choose.  

@Icegoddess   That's true for most 2nd only to foundation.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review. I was thinking of ordering  but was afraid with the zinc based  makeup it would look to white and difficult to blend.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I like some of her stuff.  I WOULD like her HydraGel foundation much better if it wasn't yellow-based.   I can make it work, but I'd prefer something more neutral.  I was sorta interested in the eyeliners because of the self sharpening feature, but I have a whole set of Laura Geller gel eyeliners that work for me.  I won't buy her lipstick kits though becasue they always include at least one orangy tone,  But, I think that is pretty much the case with all lipstick sets, not just hers.  

@Icegoddess   You're right about most lipstick sets and I don't get it. I wear cool shades of lipsticks/gloss. If I'm going to purchase a set, the clunker is always an orange or apricot lipstick (warm tone) I'd never wear. Makeup vendors should know this. Unless planning to give that one away, the value is gone. 

BTW, Geller was on for a rare hour show yesterday, but my guide said it would be Mally. 

Yes it was in the AM with Mary Beth, my guide also said Mally.