Honored Contributor

Re: Coming Soon! New Urban Decay Naked Heat!

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

HI  I dont think my first post had your name correct 

@HappyDaze

Have you ever tried the company Silk Naturals  . They are a cruelty free company of of upstate New York  . They have dupes for all the Urban Decay Naked kits as well as the new TOO Faced Peach palette .  They also have dupes for many MAC shadows , I have the cream blush dupe for the Nars O* blush and I also have their Blurring Powder which is similar to the Makeup forever HD one . Prices are very reasonable . They also sell samples for many of the products . Have a great weekend !

@marmarbrooklyn Sorry yes I did not see your first post to me since the name was wrong. I had never heard of that company so will definitely check them out- thanks for the heads up! Great to know!

Trusted Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

Good morning 

@HappyDaze 

Have you ever tried the company Silk Naturals  . They are a cruelty free company of of upstate New York  . They have dupes for all the Urban Decay Naked kits as well as the new TOO Faced Peach palette .  They also have dupes for many MAC shadows , I have the cream blush dupe for the Nars O* blush and I also have their Blurring Powder which is similar to the Makeup forever HD one . Prices are very reasonable . They also sell samples for many of the products . Have a great weekend !

@marmarbrooklyn Wow! What a find! Just browsing I told myself.... Got six eye shadows, four from the Sweet Peach palette, the only ones in the whole palette that might work for me.  So, at less than half the $ , I'll have everything I wanted.  Thank you!  I think you should shout this company's virtues to the roof tops.  How about a dedicated thread?  

Anyone tried the foundations from Silk Naturals?  Seems you buy the base you like best and add the pigments to suit your complexion.   With all of the fair ladies out there who never seem to be able to find a foundation that isn't yellow, this might be the solution!  There didn't seem to be a pigment deep enough for rich skin tones however-  no surprise there. 

Valued Contributor

@CoG hi I will do one for sure this weekend I haven't tried the foundation but love the brow powder mineral eye shadow and the lip glosses and cream blush .I discovered this brand from Cheryl she has a YouTube channel the Free Range Diva it's a channel for women over 50 and it's about health,beauty she has healthy recipes for women over 50 I'm 54 Have a great weekend
Super Contributor

Those orange colors make blue eyes pop!

Honored Contributor

Ok ladies...anymore reviews???

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

Good morning 

@HappyDaze 

@marmarbrooklyn Wow! What a find! Just browsing I told myself.... Got six eye shadows, four from the Sweet Peach palette, the only ones in the whole palette that might work for me.  So, at less than half the $ , I'll have everything I wanted.  Thank you!  I think you should shout this company's virtues to the roof tops.  How about a dedicated thread?  

Anyone tried the foundations from Silk Naturals?  Seems you buy the base you like best and add the pigments to suit your complexion.   With all of the fair ladies out there who never seem to be able to find a foundation that isn't yellow, this might be the solution!  There didn't seem to be a pigment deep enough for rich skin tones however-  no surprise there. 

@CoG@marmarbrooklyn@HappyDaze

Fun to see the small indy Silk Naturals mentioned!  I've been buying mineral shadows from them for years and years and now some skin care items also.  Sorry, I've never tried the mix it yourself foundation though so no help there.  

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

I think makeup palettes are pretty to look at but they take up a lot of room in my makeup drawers. I also never use most of the colors in them. It's no wonder that depotting has become a big trend so people can make their own makeup palettes with colors of products that they use.

I only have a few palettes, the Maybelline face contour trio and I only use the blush and bronzer -- seldom the highlighter at all. I have a Quo contour palette and only use one color in it of 3 shades. I tossed out my eyeshadow palettes as I don't use any eyeshadows now, I simply dislike how they make my eyelids look crepey.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a BH Cosmetics palette with a few oranges in it, and that's enough for me, I think.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

my IG feed is full of this,  but those colors are not for me

one my my blogs featured dupes today as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This palette is so pretty to look at but after seeing demos, all of the eye looks are so similar.  I have variations of these shades in my collection already.  Two of the pearlized shades are so pretty though. Love the packaging.