Honored Contributor

Re: Coming Soon! New Urban Decay Naked Heat!

[ Edited ]

@Jk9 wrote:

Oh my....I would look gastly in those colors with my gray/blue eyes and skin tone. Easy pass for me on this one.  But the colors are pretty for the right person and a truly cruelty free company.

UD is not "truly" cruelty free, unless we have different definitions of "truly". UD is owned by Loreal which is not cruelty free.

Honored Contributor

It's possible that even though UD is owned by L'Oreal, they are allowed to remain cruelty free, it might have been a stipulation of UD when L'Oreal took them under their umbrella.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

It's possible that even though UD is owned by L'Oreal, they are allowed to remain cruelty free, it might have been a stipulation of UD when L'Oreal took them under their umbrella.

You misunderstand my point. For many people who are interested in remaining truly cruelty free, we do not buy from any company owned by a company that still tests because profits go towards the company that is still testing on animals. That is my point. People are free to choose whatever they want, obviously, but if you are wanting to avoid supporting and funding companies that test on animals, you'd want to avoid UD now that they are owned by Loreal. 

But that is all I am going to say..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze I was agreeing with you.... that a dupe from a cf company would work for me if I had the coloring to carry this pallette. I would resemble Brad Pitt in Interview With The Vampire.  I also agree that looking at the entire company structure matters. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@HappyDaze I was agreeing with you.... that a dupe from a cf company would work for me if I had the coloring to carry this pallette. I would resemble Brad Pitt in Interview With The Vampire. 

Oh gotcha @Jk9 Sorry I misunderstood you! Yes the colors don't wipork for everyone. I love bronze and burgundy colored  shadows but can't wear them as they look awful on my skin tone-I look sickly! I'm jealous of those that can wear them though...so prettyM

Respected Contributor

This palette is soooooo pretty.  A take on the TF peach palette. But a pass for me.  

I will will stay tuned to see what everyone thinks of it.  I just love palettes. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Who's interested? Coming on June 13th to UD and to Sephora & Ulta with online and B&M rollouts. - June 30th

Alkaline & Torch eyeliner pencils too! Plus lipsticks!

I want the palette.  I can't really wear those lip colors--too warm for me.  The eye palette is warm, but I can wear those shades on my eyes.  I don't need it.  I bet I cave.  The colors are gorgeous!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Lip colors will go better in with fall fashion.  Love the eye pallette!  A pallette I just got at NYX has a lot of the coral/brown colors and I love it.

Contributor

Such a beautiful palette. I love orange and purple shadows so I think I might end up buying this, but I'm already planning to buy the Too Faced Clover palette when it comes out in Sept. Clover is TF's owner's chihuahua (I have 3 of them) plus portions of the sales will go to charity for animals.Clover palette.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SmallTownChic222 wrote:

Such a beautiful palette. I love orange and purple shadows so I think I might end up buying this, but I'm already planning to buy the Too Faced Clover palette when it comes out in Sept. Clover is TF's owner's chihuahua (I have 3 of them) plus portions of the sales will go to charity for animals.Clover palette.jpg

so cute!  I have to STOP with these palettes. It seriously is OUT OF CONTROL!!  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"