Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coming: A New Tatcha Serum

@monicakm , Tatcha has a lip balm you might be interested in: camellia gold spun lip balm. It is given good reviews and is said to be hydrating and shiny. Cost is $30. I don't think it adds color, but it looks like a nice product.  Have you tried this? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

At 66, I have come to realize that for me, my health and the health of my family is the most important thing to me.  Do I like to look pretty...yes, I do, but there's a limit to what you can pile on your face as you age.  I have always posted, less is more.  I do what I can to keep my skin looking good, which is very few products.

I continue to run at least three times a week which keeps me slim and in shape. I bike on the Peleton on days I don't  run.  

@monicakm  but I do know what you mean about that quick glance and to miss that youthful look.  That's only natural sometimes but for me, being grateful that I still look like I do and am healthy is what causes me to say oh well...I'm glad I flaunted everything I had when I was younger, wore dramatic make up, partied until the sun came up,  but now this is me and I am very happy with me.  

And a 64 year old face is a beautiful face...it's not old, but it's experienced...

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I had catarct surgery this past week, first time I looked in the mirror after the surgery, I could have cried or screamed, nothing on me looked as I had thought!!!

Isn't it just like looking in a 10X magnifying mirror? Surely it can't be worse? Tell me it's not worse.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I rushed to look at the lip balm.  Gosh, it looks fabulous, but I wish it was in a tube for quick, easy application.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy 

FYI...it was her granddaughter, not grandson.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@monicakm We all know that your post with made with tongue in cheek.........and I am sure a very smooth one at that! Woman Wink

I remember looking at my newborn daughter's face when I was a mere twenty years old.  Then I looked in the mirror and thought, wow, she doesn't have a single pore on her face.  Not so with me even at such a young age. Woman Surprised

These old bodies begin breaking down the minute we draw our first breath.  I know, through your testimony on here, that you know where true importance lies. Woman Happy

I enjoyed your post and I hope you get your hands on that Tatcha serum.

( I love your avatar picture )

@tends2dogs 

DITTO!  We do know where @monicakm's true values lie and they are not of the devil's world!

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife @Snowpuppy said "getting ready for a date with a 15 year old boy" not that her grand was a boy.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle 

Oh no!  Bless your heart.  What a shock that must have been.  But, I'm sure it was the "shock" of actually seeing well more than anything.  You'll adjust.  I used to ALWAYS have mascara on.  Even slept in it, took it off the next morning and reapplied.  Now I don't most days and it definitely took an adjustment period to get used to seeing my beady eyeballs without mascara.

Honored Contributor

I don't believe I have had anything in the silk line.  I'm anxious to find some info on it.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy 

LOL   He's 18 and that's TOO old for a 15 year old in my opinion (but I did the same thing at that age) Smiley Surprised